apology chapter aka fluff

"Y'know," Lin started, clearing his throat, "Sometimes, Vanessa helps me calm down by making out with me."

"Oh," Jonathan answered, dumbfounded, "Oh.... 'kay?" 

"So..."

Lin ran a hand through his hair, raising his eyebrows expectedly.

"I don't follow, Lin-"

"Vanessa said I could make out with you if it makes me feel better!" He rushed out, trying to add emphasis by waving his hands around, "But, like, that's only if you want and I know sometimes it can be weird especially since we're really close but like V is fine with it and I just really like showing love to, well, people I love-"

"Lin!" Jonathan kind of laughed, placing his palms on Lin's shoulders, "It's alright. I'll admit, I've never made out with a castmate before..."

Lin kind of just looked at him with a puzzled look, before Jonathan continued, "Actually-"

"What?! You made out with somebody before and you didn't tell me?"

Jonathan shook his head, chuckling, "I didn't know I had to tell you everything about my love life. Want me to tell you when I fuck somebody too?" It was a joke, honestly, it was something Jonathan would describe as cheeky, their usual banter. But for Lin?

"That would make me jealous." He responded, straight-faced.

"What?" Jonathan asked, a little frown forming on his lips.

"Just kiss me already." Lin groaned, taking Jonathan by the collar of his shirt.

/

Groff watched Lin stress out, becoming more and more frantic by the second.

"C'mere." Jonathan ordered, making room on his lap. Lin's eyes lit up, finding their usual twinkle.

"Kisses?"

"Kisses." He confirmed, taking Lin by the waist.

"Did you use a different shampoo today? You normally have a fruity scent, now it's like coconut. What the fuck, Groffsauce."

"Be quiet, Miranda," Jon left soft kisses all along Lin's jawline, "I'm trying to have a moment with you?"

"Every moment with you is special."

"Okay..." He slipped his hands under his shirt, kneading at Lin's stomach and hips, "What about an even more special moment?" As much as he appreciated Lin's words, he just wanted to calm him down. Make a little space up there in his head.

"Oh..." He whispered, unconsciously finding Jon's hair with his hands, "M'kay." He settled down, taking shallow breaths. Every so often, he would find a knot, trying his very best to detangle it.

"Ow!" Jonathan reacted to Lin's tug, "Lin, honey, kiss me already."

He grinned at the nickname, "Whatever you say, your highness."