yay update

Lin knows Jonathan isn't some wholesome baby who loves rainbows and kittens. As much as he resembles that character, there's more to him than that. He remembers the first time they encountered a homophobe stagedooring.

"Jonathan Groff! How does it feel to be the token gay? The abomination amongst the cast?" He was a middle aged, overweight man, someone who obviously didn't have a life.

He turned pink. Not out of embarrassment, but out of rage. His eyebrows furrowed, and Lin was in a daze. He never really understood the cruelty of the world, but he wouldn't accept it. Just as he was about to say something-

"Lin. It's fine," He held out a protective arm, and shot the other man a glare. It wasn't a glare he would put out for movies, it was a glare that held so much hate, and disgust, Lin was scared. Completely and utterly horrified, "Have a nice day, sir."

Lin was amazed at that, because Jonathan, his Groffsauce, had just told him to have a good day.

"Jon? Are you okay? I should've-"

And then there he was, all smiles and laughs, "Lin! Don't. You encounter people like that all the time. I don't accept it or condone it, but hey. It's not my fault either that people are just obsessed with me." It was a joke, really, but Lin had to squeeze a comment in.

"I'm, of course, your number one fan."

"Wouldn't want it any other way." It was a soft remark, a sentence that gave Lin butterflies.

So, in turn, he held out an arm for him, "Well then, I guess I'll be walking you home tonight?"

"My savior!" Groff dramatized, "What would I do without you?"

Lin couldn't bear to think of a world without Jonathan in it. He wouldn't.