teen au

A/N:

ok so in this, tbf, theyre probably 19-21, so kinda illegal????? but theyre being safe, and stuff and uhm.... yah

/

Okay, so. It's not like Lin hasn't drank before. A beer here, a beer there. But to get this drunk? His mom would kill him if he found out.

Daveed encouraged everyone to take shots, claiming that they only live once. Jonathan kind of just shrugged, grinning. He took a lot more shots than Lin would've thought he was capable of. It made him crack a smile.

"Yo," Chris started, draping an arm around Lin's shoulder, "Are you drunk right now? 'M drunk, are you?"

Lin laughed, hiding his face in Chris' neck.

"Man, I'm glad we drank at Anthony's house."

Almost on cue, Ramos spoke up. "Alright, folks! Karaoke time!"

Pippa squealed, dragging Groff up (Lin watched appreciatively, saying something about his outfit. "Ask him out already." Chris retorted).

"Alright, Groff," Rafael patted him on the back, "Let's see what you got."

"Sing a song for Lin!" It was so unexpected and honestly unnecessary, Lin had to take a double take.

"What? Hey, no! Y-You don't have to do anything like that because that's kinda just-"

"That's a good idea, Jasmine!" Jonathan answered, cutting him off.

Jonathan took the mic from Anthony, grinning at Lin. And it wasn't just a normal grin, it was one of those. Jon's face would go a bit pink, and his tongue would dart out from the corner of his mouth. His sharp teeth would make an appearance, and everytime he smiled, Lin saw his eyebags. He remembered talking about them once.

"You should get more sleep, Lin."

"C'mon Groffsauce!" He tightened his grip on Jon's collar, bringing him down to give him a hug, "It's not like you get any sleep either."

And suddenly, his body tensed, and Lin immediately knew he touched something sensitive.

"That's okay, I'll be fine. But you?"

Lin loved him. Loved his caring tendencies. And now he was about to serenade him. His brain tried processing that, and it gave him a little soft, fuzzy response.

Love.

Jonathan fumbled over his words a bit, and he out of fucking nowhere, he winked at Lin. "Okay, so, Pips said I should sing this and yeah," He ran a hand through his curls, and met Lin's eyes.

"Fuck it-" Lin sat up, and made his way more to the front, sitting close to Jonathan. It was worth it, because now he could see Jon's vibrant blue eyes, and something about the way he looked at him- it was different.

The drums and bass started, and Jonathan had to clear his throat. Lin glanced at Renee, delighted to see her recording. He made a mental note to try and remember everything about Jonathan's voice, to soak it all in. There was-

"I don't wanna seem the way I do," And that was it, right fucking there. The slight voice crack, the one that added character. It was rough, because obviously, Jonathan hadn't been talking all that much, so here he was, pouting his heart into a song for the boy he liked(loved). It was as smooth and silky as ever, it was charming and clear, charismatic and bright, overall beautiful. Nothing came close to Groff, "But I'm confident with you. Lately, all I feel is bad and bruised. Tired of tripping on my shoes."

And that made Lin tilt his head a little. He was paying rapt attention to the lyrics, and as a writer, specifically one of plays, he could tell enough. A pool of concern grew, because he knew Jon hasn't been getting a lot of sleep lately, and his frowns were becoming more active, and suddenly-

"But when he loves me, I feel like I'm floating, When he calls me pretty, I feel like somebody," Jonathan and Lin. Their relationship was always complex, always held a different meaning then Chris' and Lin's. It was always different. And this right here cleared it up.

("Look at you!" Lin observed, taking note of Jonathan's groomed appearance, "How pretty."

"You don't look too bad yourself." But the twinkle in his eyes, it was something Lin replayed over and over again.

So the next day, he had said it again. "Hello, beautiful."

He kinda stuttered in place, cheeks growing pink.

"Hi...")

Lin didn't realize he had remembered that (because he certainly did).

"Even when we fade eventually to nothing, You will always be my favorite form of loving." Then there came the tears. Lin's mouth quietly fell open, probably some time ago, and he's known this for a long time, but he loved Jon. Really loved him, loved all of him. Not just his voice, not just his hair, or his body, or his smile, he loved his name, loved how he dressed, loved his parents, loved how he giggled, loved how he rode his bike, loved how he wrote his e's, loved how he said his name.

So, in turn. Groff smiled softly at him, the corner of his eyes crinkling, "When I start to tumble from the sky, You remind me how to fly," And something about those words made him want to fucking kiss the living hell out of Jonathan, right there, and then. His eyes widened, and he looked back at Chris.

"Do something, make your move, don't freak!" Chris mouthed.

He took a shaky breath, and jumped up to his feet. He reached out (maybe it's the absurd amount of alcohol that gave him the confidence), and went for it. His fingers found Groff's hair, and his other hand occupied and entertained Jon's waist.

"But when he loves me, I feel like I'm floating, When he calls me pretty, I feel like somebody." Lin mumbled under his breath, tasting the sweet intake of Jonathan Groff.

THE END JSJSJSJS