awe

It was Jonathan's first time on a plane. He thought it would be frightening, as explained by many people. Instead, he found it somewhat soothing. The hustle and bustle was something he grew fond of, and he loved the way the plane slowly ascended into the air. It was also quite fascinating to watch the clouds pass by. There was also a cute boy next to him. So, yeah. It was a pretty good experience.

Although, Jon did feel this gnawing feeling. It chipped away at his self conscious, and he didn't know why. Perhaps he should speak to the stranger. But, why, he questioned himself. He doubted that the guy even liked men, and by some chance he did, why would he like Jonathan of all people? Surely there's someone else better. After debating with himself for a good 10 minutes, the stranger had, in turn, spoke to him.

He gently tapped his arm. "Hey. What're you listening to?"

Jonathan turned red. What should he say? Well, of course, the truth. "Uh- Queen. W-Wanna listen?"

The darker man grinned at him. "Absolutely." He took the earbud that Jonathan had offered, and leaned in. He observed this stranger. He appreciated his movements. From the small head bops, to the tapping of his foot, or the way his finger started playing drums. Jonathan had to take it all in. Love at first sight was quite ridiculous, but it sure was possible to just stop and appreciate pure beauty.

The song had ended. The stranger gave back his other earbud.

"You've got great taste. I'm Lin." He extended a hand. Wow. Unique name. But it fit him. A lot.

"Thanks! Jonathan." He gladly took the hand, and tried to give a firm shake, but made sure it wasn't too firm. He didn't want to give the impression that he was weak, but he definitely wasn't strong either. He also internally hoped that his palms weren't as sweaty as they felt.

"Well, actually- I couldn't help but notice you staring at me earlier." Fuck. He started panicking. He was caught. Red lights flashed before him. He silently wished for death.

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry! I must seem like a total freak. I- well, I just think that your eyes are really pretty and..." He laughed. Lin had an adorable laugh. He wanted to hear it again.

"Wha- really? No one has really complimented me on my looks. Unless you exclude my parents. Thank you!"

"Ha, you're welcome. Hopefully I don't seem like some stalker though."

Lin shrugged, "At least I'm being stalked by a cute one." Wait. What? Cute?? He paused, unable to think, then he simply made some stupid, very strange sound. It was as if a cat was dying. He tried to whisper out a curt thanks, but he wasn't sure if Lin heard it.

Lin chuckled, and smiled at him. Wow. He was looking straight into Jonathan's eyes. And wow again, his smile really made Jon's heart jump.

"Hey." Lin whispered out.

"Hi." Jonathan responded, barely being heard.

"Can I take your hand?"

Jonathan paused. Absolutley fucking yes. He offered this stranger his hand, and he had no regrets.

"Why though?"

Lin shrugged. "You seem like a really good hand holder."

"Well, am I?"

"Better than I could ever imagine." Jonathan rolled his eyes. Sappy and cringey. But so goddamn sweet. He could already tell that even if they never meet again, after this plane ride, Lin will be someone Jonathan always remembers. He mentally scoffed at how fast he could catch feelings. For some hot stranger. Damn. He really needs to work on that. Unless...

------------------------------------------

"Will you go out on a date with me?"

"It's about fucking time."

------------------------------------------

"I think I'm falling in love with you."

"... I already fell."

------------------------------------------

"Kiss me, and hold me. Tell me we're going to be okay."

"Always and forever. You and me. Till the end."

------------------------------------------

"Sing with me?"

"Of course."

------------------------------------------

"Jonathan Drew Groff. Will you marry me."

"Are you really asking me in the shower."

"Um, yes. Is that a problem?"

"No... I guess not."

"Great! So now can I kiss you?"

"You'll be the death of me, Lin-Manuel."

------------------------------------------

He supposes there really wasn't anything to work on.