Chapter 1

Nancy's POV

" I am so sorry, Damien... Forgive me. " I plea .

This is the most stupid thing I have ever done in my life. I can't believe I'm doing it.

"Please, Damien " I plea once more.

I try to cry. I try to force it out, but it's just not coming through.

I still can't believe I'm begging a guy..

He only eyes me. " I thought I knew you.... Little did I know.." he's disgusted .

I try to reach for him, but he backs away. I try to force the tears, they are just not forth coming...

" I made the biggest, 'hugest' mistake in my entire life... If that's even a word. Well if it isn't, right now I don't care. I just want to leave this space where you are. You are like smoke. You choke me to death..." He spits.

That's when I cry. That's when the tears drop .

"CUT!" Cassius' voice sounds through the room.

"Finally ..." I murmur in happiness to myself, slumping my shoulder in relief and looking straight to the ceiling.

"What was that, Nancy? Were you crying or what? I don't even know what to call what you were doing... But it definitely wasn't acting. You gotta put life into it, darling. It's a love story, not your usual action movie... Jesus." He corrects, hissing.

I know he isn't angry at me. He's angry at the fact that I'm not acting well. They are not the same thing really... At least to him.

"Well, what did you want me to do, Cassius? I told you from the start that I'm not good at acting love scenes, but what did you do? You said I should give it a try. Well this is me trying, Cassius! " I hiss twice as he did a few seconds ago.

I have been in a relationship before. I'm not proud of it. In fact if I could turn back time, I will.

It was a toxic relationship.

I hated every second about it.

Anyways, Cassius is like my second Father. He's probably in his late forty's or so. I never asked. He was always there for me after my parents passed. He's a good man and I'm glad I actually met him. He saw my interest in acting after my parents passed and decided to help me...

Cassius is a manger in the acting game. He is my manager. I don't really know much about what he does or how he gets my roles for me. All I know is he calls me, they dress me up, give me the script, tell me how to punch and I'm good to go. The editors will do their jobs. That's literally cause I only do action movies. Then the next thing I know, I'm in something like an Ellen show, talking to very well known ladies about the movie I acted and giving huge smiles to impress my fans...

Yup... It sounds pretty stressful. So it is.

His demeanor turns somber. "Oh Nancy...I know and I also know it hasn't been easy for you and Nina since your parents died, but you can't keep being a typecast forever ..." His voice is soft.

I hate it

"Thanks, Cassius! I love the fact that you always have to remind me about that every time you aren't happy about my performance on stage. That's the greatest thing a friend can do to help!"

I hate the fact that he always does this. I hate the fact that he always brings my parents up when ever I don't give him the 'life' he wants in acting. Maybe it's a reminder for him that I'm alone and it's hard, but he should stop thinking like that - if that's what he's thinking; cause it's annoying and frustrating.