Chapter 25

A/N : Today's shout-out goes to (Drums rolling)

NissiAma

Thank you so much for voting on my book 💖❤️

Nancy's P.O.V

This is the second time I'm going to the hospital to visit someone in the last 24 hours and my heart is racing too fast.

Unfortunately, the first time that my heart was racing, it wasn't this much. This time, this person is Nina, my twin. This time, I know that my dream warned me. This time, it's in the night. This time, I think it might be...the end?

This time, I think I'll blame myself for not calling; for not loving her the way I ought to.

God, why me?

I just had the dream less than sixteen hours ago and it's already happening? Why?!

Before, it'd take at least from a week upwards before it manifests! Why did it have to happen so quick?!

The way Paulina panted from the other end of the line tells me that it's something serious. Doctors don't panick. They are always calm.

She was panicking and panting because something bad has happened to Nina.

Can someone tell me how to slap my subconscious?! Cause I really want to right now!

"Step on it, Samuel!" I command sharply.

"I'm sorry but it isn't my fault. There's traffic." He explains softly.

If not for the fact that I'm famous, I swear I would've jumped out of this car to trek my way to the hospital Nina is in.

Why is there traffic?

...now?!

It's past 6pm for crying out loud!

I don't pay any attention as to what Samuel said. I just stare outside the window; at the other cars parked patiently, waiting for the cars in front (causing this stupid traffic) to disperse.

"Uhm... So how is Nina?" He tries to start a conversation.

I really need to take driving lessons.

I can't keep taking Samuel with me everywhere I go - or Adam, now that he's back. I know Samuel means no harm with his question but I like my personal life. He's just my driver. Nothing more. The other day, I didn't blame him. He heard me say what I said cause I was making a call in his presence. So it's my fault that he knows what's going on with Nina... Or what was going on then. Now, I don't even know what is going on with her.

I force my lips open to answer his question. "She's fine. Just drive."

I don't even have the strength in me to let the words come out - to let those painful words leave my mouth...

Something terrible just happened to Nina.

I can't let those words haunt me. I don't want it to. I don't want to imagine what's wrong with Nina.

God! I'm such a selfish sister. I should have read meaning into the fact that she didn't call me yesterday, nor today. It's because something is wrong with her! I should have called her the moment I woke up and checked my call logs for any missed call.

But no! My selfish side thought that it's because Nina is the selfish one. It made me think she was wrong. I know she was, but I too made a huge mistake on my part.