Chapter 34

Today's shout-out goes to (drums rolling)

PrincessDorkilous

Thanks so much for your support ❤️❤️❤️.

Nancy's P.O.V

"Oh, good. You're awake. How're you feeling?" Braden asks me.

What does he mean? I'm fin-

I try lifting my head, when suddenly all the blood rush towards my it, pounding heavily.

Ouch. What a splitting headache.

"Hey, hey, hey. Relax." He pushes me back gently on the loveseat.

Wait, what happened? Why am I laying on his seat?

He sighs. "You passed out." He seems to have read my mind.

"Passe- passed out?" I question, trying to sit up again.

But of course, the headache pushes me back onto the seat.

Great.

"Yes. You passed out. But I don't really understand why. It's been thirty minutes though. I thought of taking you to the hospital, but I decided against it. Thankfully, you're awake now. I'm going to get tea for you." He goes to walk away, but I stop him.

"No, wait. Wait... " He stays put at my words. "Uhm, I don't need tea. I'm fine, I just... I just fainted. It's nothing serious." I try to sound convincing.

I personally know that nothing that's going on in my life is not nothing serious. It is definitely serious. The fact that this woman - whoever she is, killed an innocent man, this has definitely gone out of hand. Carlos is dead. The same man that I spoke to, just two days ago, was murdered and dumped into a dumpster. How ruthless could this person be? What does she want?

Why can't Kimberly just back off our lives?! - if she's the one... But honestly, she's still my number one suspect.

"Nothing serious?! Are you kidding me, Nancy? You fainted after seeing that news. When I was trying to ask you what's up, you passed out. Does that sound like nothing serious?!" He mocks the way I said 'nothing serious'.

Is he seriously trying to start an argument?

I roll my eyes tiredly. "Oh come on, Braden... Chil out, will ya? It just - it just baffled me that a young man like that died." I lie.

I don't want to tell him about what's going on yet.

I can't trust anyone.

"Mhm..." He hums skeptically. He doesn't want to believe me.

I force myself up, blinking my eyes severally to get my line of vision. "Look Braden, thank you for not calling the doctor or rushing me to the hospital, but I'm serious when I tell you that I don't know that Carlos Daniels man."

"See!" He stretches his hands out as though pointing an obvious fact. "You even remember his full name. Why would someone that doesn't remember or have any personal relationship whatsoever with the man that died, remember his name? "

God, why is Braden so inquisitive?! Is this how men are? Why can't they just end the conversation when you want it to? Or is it just Braden?

"Well, I'm an actress last time I checked. I remember words on screenplays easily, so why is seeing the news any different?" I lie, hoping he buys it.

I think he does, cause he shrugs his lips in a 'makes sense' expression.

Thank God for that.