Chapter 33

A/N: Today's shout-out goes to (drums rolling)

meggie1403

Thank you so much for your support❤️❤️❤️. I appreciate it.

Nancy's P.O.V

"You did what?!" I spill the tea in my mouth out out of shock.

"Yes. I just called to inform you. So sit back and enjoy your day." She hangs up before I can utter another word.

Is Nina out of her mind?! How dare she just go ahead with having the meeting with Mr Thompson and not invite me?! Is this all because of the pregnancy clip that was aired on Micarah's gist and gossip show?

"Ugh..." I grunt out, placing my tea cup on my kitchen island.

Now I made a mess, thanks to Nina.

I hop off the stool, going for the mop. When I get it in hand, I clean the part of the floor and the island counter that got spilled upon. I return the mop back to the kitchen store room, sitting back down.

What is wrong with Nina? Why can't she just... trust me? Is it that hard - am I that hard to be trusted?

She called me just a few minutes ago - that should be around 9:15am. When I saw my phone screen, I literally bounced in joy that she finally wanted to talk to me. I picked the call in anticipation of the best, only for me to find out that she called to let me know that she has resolved the issue of the laundered money with Mr Thompson already.

She sounded so monotone - like she didn't make the call on her free will. It's painful that she did it alone even if she was initially the cause of it, but I guess it's resolved anyways... So there's absolutely no need for me to worry my head about it. Whatever conclusion they came to, if it's too bad, they'll involve me. If it isn't, I'm completely excluded. I think that's fine by me. I don't even know much about the company runs anyways.

I don't know why, but I kind of wanted Nina and I to start doing things together again. I liked the apologetic Nina and the fact that she was changing.

I can't say I'll bring that Nina back just yet, cause I still haven't found proof that I didn't carelessly let that clip out to the media house. God knows I did my very best for that video not to escape the serenity of that hospital.

Enough of all this. I think I already know the next thing to do.

Oh wait... I gave Carlos my card two days ago and he hasn't reached out to me. I have no idea where to start looking for him. Why didn't he call me?

I don't want to go back to Paulina's hospital again to look for him. That's the reason I gave him my card in the first place! It was supposed to be a me and him personal conversation.

How didn't I think of this? I should have taken his own number, not the other way around.

But then again, I had this feeling that he would at no doubt call me. The way he was fidgeting giddily at my presence and the fact that he gloried my card even without reading the number... I thought he'd even be buzzing my phone too much to a point that I'll get frustrated and be regretful.

Come to think about it, I remember leaving Carlos and Paulina in the office alone. What if Paulina took the card I gave him, so he wouldn't reach me? Maybe she threatened him with his job...

"This is getting too much for me to handle." I confess out loud, standing up.

I go for my bedroom to take a shower so that I can know where next to go cause the longer things aren't getting done, the more afraid I'm getting.