Chapter 8

A/N : Enjoy the change of perspective :-)

Nina's P.O.V

It's been six days and Henry hasn't called or texted, or found a way to talk to me.

I am worried.

The last time I saw him was a day before I didn't hear from him - exactly a week ago. It's already Saturday.

We didn't end our conversation with an argument, else I would've guessed  that's why he hasn't reached me.

On the contrary, we ended our conversation happily. I've been trying to call him - no, I've called him up to 100 times, if I'm not exaggerating. I've literally left 82 voicemails and precisely 67 text messages.

Our last departure, he said he wanted to go see a friend - that he'd be back the next day - to which till this day, I haven't seen or heard from him.

I'm worried sick out of my mind. I've sent ten of my body guards to go look for him. They all came back with nothing.

I think he's dead.

I don't want to, but that's the only conclusion. That, or he's been kidnapped.

I don't need such thoughts.

I need to speak to someone, but who?  I can't speak to Nancy. I haven't spoken to her in two weeks plus. I can't just call and start explaining how tough my week was. It'll sound somehow.

I don't have friends. I don't keep friends. Majority of the ones I tried to keep as friends were bitches.

I'm so alone right now. I feel like I'm dying. I feel like if I don't talk to someone, I might faint.

Just then, my phone rings and I pick it, without bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Who's this?" I ask rudely, taking out my frustration on whoever it may be.

"It's your manager. You shouldn't be using such tone on me, Nina. " Enoch speaks.

Oh!

"I'm sorry, Enoch. I thought it was - ... I'm sorry, I have no excuse. " I apologise.

"Okay... No problem. I did notice you were having some kind of  issue when you came to the studio three days ago, but I didn't ask. You kept your frown on till you left. Is everything alright?" He asks worriedly.

"I'm fine!" I lie. " I've just been tired, that's all. Nothing more. What's up?" I cut to the chase.

"Okay... Well, I just wanted to tell you that you have a show to perform next week. It's going to be at South Africa."

"Okay... Next week when?" I ask.

"Next week Friday. That means you have only 6 days to perform and exactly 4 days to pack. We're traveling there by Wednesday. So pack your bags well and freshen up! It's going to be in front of a lot of people, big and small. Make our country proud! "

"Yes. Sure. Okay, any other thing?" I ask.

"No, for now. Take care, Nina and next time, look at your caller ID before you answer. You never know who could be calling. I'm sure you have true caller app on your phone?" He inquires.

"Yes, I do have the app. I'll do that. Thanks and I'm sorry for my rude reply. "

"Okay." And I cut the call, after I hear his last sentence, not bothering to return the goodbye.

I'm tired and stressed; emotionally; and I have to go perform?

I need a break.

A break from all this ... I'm mentally, physically and emotionally tired.