Chapter 40

Anonymous P.O.V

"You did what? What were you thinking?" My partner in crime scolds me over the phone.

I roll my eyes, hating the fact that he's mad about me sending that threat note to Nancy.

Ugh... Even her name makes me want to gag.

"Yes, I sent the note. So what?" I reply dryly.

"So what? What if she hands the note over to the police or something... Or maybe to her other government? Have you forgotten she's not only a citizen of this country?!"

His point is absolutely absurd.

"May I remind you that we also share the same quality, mister, so stop panicking. Aren't you tired of secretly planning her doom? Don't you just want her to know that we want her to pay?" I ask, eagerly waiting for his response.

"Don't tell me you're having feelings like you used to..." I add after a few seconds of silence from him.

"What? No! Why would you say that?" He panicks.

Sometimes I wonder who he's trying to lie to? I know him in and out. We've been close for years.

"If you say so... As I was saying before, I sent that note to let her know that I won't tolerate anymore. I want to see Nina and Nancy's downfall already. I can't wait to ravage the taste of revenge on my tongue and laugh in victory!" I laugh.

He sighs. "Okay. I'm not with you for now, so be careful. That's all I'm saying."

"With you or without you, I'm me. And who am I? I am powerful. I am undefeatable. I am strong and I NEVER give up. Mark my words, I won't give up on them till I know they pay fully for what Victor Rutherford did to mom. Do you now remember why we're doing this again?" I smirk deviously, turning my office seat around triumphantly.

He sighs. "Yes I remember. Look, I've got to go now. Remember, be careful, especially with Nina. Nancy may be weak and clueless, but I tell you that Nina... She's one hell of a smart bitch."

It's not as if I haven't met her or investigated her whole life...

I roll my eyes. "Whatever. Bye." I cut the call.

I wonder how he'd react when he finds out that I had Carlos killed.

Just as the call is ended, my faithful spy walks in.

"What's for today, Ma'am? "

I smirk. "Definitely something you'll love."

+++

Nancy's P.O.V

"Turn on your TV." Abby instructs the moment I pick her call.

Wow. Not even a hello, good morning, how was your night?

"Uh, okay ma'am. What channel?" I ask.

"Any entertainment channel you know you have." She replies.

Okay, since it's an entertainment channel, it must be about celebrities. Why is she telling me to tune in?

I don't hang up yet, grabbing the remote off my bedside counter, checking through the channels on my DSTV explora ultra. When I find one, E-entertainment, I tune in.

"Abby? They're showing Keeping up with the Kardashians. Why are you telling me to watch them?" I chuckle.

"Wrong channel. E-entertainment is like an international entertainment channel. Check for a local one." She says apprehensively.