Chapter 18

Evelyn's PoV

I changed myself into a simple sweatpants and a Tee. I then started for the best thing I know, cooking. I asked Mrs. Robinson to take off and not to worry about the dinner. I was wondering what if would be to be his wife. Just to think, he loves me, and that this marriage was not forced upon ms or him. Just for a day. Maybe living it will be much more entailing . I prepared lasagne and some bread rolls for us. It was one of the best thing I know how to cook. I am not an expert in this department but I know that my Belle loves my cooking. So, I am sure he will like it.

But what if he never comes, today as well!.

Shit... What if he doesn't want to be around me?.

What if he despises me that he can't stand me?...

Why? How will I ever prove him that I am not what everyone thinks. ?

That my baby is not a dirty blood rather...

I was startled when I heard a loud slamming of the door. I looked up and saw him walk down the hall, heavy steps moving towards the kitchen. His eyes were focused on his phone and he was continuously typing on it.

"Aiden" I said in a timid voice trying get his attention off his phone.

He ignored me completely, "Mrs. Robinson, my study in 30 minutes" he ordered, his eyes still on his phone.

I nodded and started garnishing the dinner with speedily. It might take a few more minutes, maybe 20.

****

After 25 minutes, his dinner was plated and was ready to be served, hot and creamy.
"Maria" I yelled.

"Yes, ma'am.?" She soon appeared at the end of the hall.

"It's Eve, Maria. Call me Eve." I raised my eyebrows inquisitively.

"Could you please serve this to Aiden in his room. ? And then.. ehm.. be back we will have dinner together" I continued.

"Oh.. ok E..Eve" she smiled.

She walked upstairs with the tray in her hand.

*******

Aiden's PoV

I heard a soft knock on the door, and I pulled my eyes away, from the stack of files present in front of me.

Maria, walked in timidly and smiled. I nodded and continued reading the files. After she left my eyes wandered towards the tray which was kept on the table. The room was filled with delicious aroma and my stomach growled as a reminder of my empty stomach. I didn't have anything since the morning except a coffee and so this couldn't wait any longer.

I strolled towards the couch and sat on it. My eyes was transfixed on the lasagne it was deliciously creamy and garnished really well.

I picked up a breadstick which was freshly baked and took a bite.

Amazing..

Mrs. Robinson can cook this well? Then why did she never baked?

I then picked the spoon and took a creamy bite of the lasagne, Fuck.. it's.. Delicious.