Chapter 37

Evelyn's PoV

It's been a week since we celebrated my birthday. Belle has been living with us for a month more, as Elle has been preparing for some exam and she needs some privacy.

Aiden has been a sweetheart in this past month, altogether he would bring us icecreams, cakes and what not. He would take us on dinner dates sometimes, many a times he would come earlier just to spend sometime with us.
The most beautiful part of all this was that he never left Belle all alone. He would consider her as important as me. This entail in me the love for my husband even more. We have come across a lot in these nine months. From being almost haters and strangers we have now become lovers and friends. We would discuss things, with one another just as married couples would.

Today I have thought of doing something stupid. I have invited Eric and Diana at dinner to break the ice between the two feuds. I just want things to be better for future. I wanted Diana as my kids' godmother and Eric as their godfather. I haven't discussed it with Aiden but tonight at dinner I am gonna break this news too.
I was nervous would be an understatement of the year, I am hell nervous, afraid of Aiden's wrath already. He would go mad, but I know somehow, we have come this far that it would not be that difficult to handle him. Fingers Crossed!
I have prepared lasagne and Italian with iced  cakes as desserts. Belle is so excited to meet Sha again that she actually had done her studies exactly after lunch to spend more time with Sha.

After hours of cooking and exhaustive afternoon I took a calming shower, changed into a gown. I looked at my full tummy with twins inside me, I look like a dozen more than a normal pregnant women at nine months should. I have completed my nine months of pregnancy and my doctor told me to be prepared for the babies soon. I was afraid of the day of my delivery, I have no one to guide me as a mother.

I was sipping on the tea, when I heard the door bell, walking up to the foyer. I strolled towards the foyer with a happy grin on my face, Belle ran after me to greet her favourite Uncle Eric, Aunt D and her newly found best friend. She seemed much more excited than us. D looked beautiful in her simple sundress with almost no makeup, frankly speaking she doesn't need any makeup on her already perfect face. She is the prettiest woman I'd ever laid my eyes on. Eric looked equally handsome and especially with his charming smile, he looked perfect.

They both hugged me one by one, placing a huge bouquet in my hand, kissing my cheeks in a very friendly gesture, Eric whispered, "You are looking Beautiful, princess". I smiled, muttering a thank you and asked them to feel comfortable.

After an hour, we were now sitting in the lounge room with an empty cup of coffees in front of us, kids were in their room. They had their dinner already, just we adults were left, waiting for Aiden to arrive. Aiden could walk in on us anytime now, it was getting to his dinner time and he would never be late, not anymore.

"I think I will set the dinner, Aiden would be coming anytime now" I mumbled, stood up and moved towards the kitchen, as if on cue, Aiden walked in with a grin on his face, "Looking Gorgeous Sweetheart" he whispered, walking in further, he kissed me squarely on my lips, "I am so sorry was caught up in some work" he mumbled. I flushed realising we were looking like a happy married couple, ofcourse he didn't yet notice the audience, I cleared my throat, took a step backwards. "Can't wait to take this thing off you" he whispered, making me go scarlet red. Diana chuckled loudly making herself noticeable.

Aiden turned around and soon his smile wiped off his face, I held his hand in mine, calming his fisted knuckles a little. He nodded, as if to calm himself, nodding at Eric but with a clenched jaw. He smiled looking over at D, walking past me, engulfing her in a bear hug, he kissed her forehead, "looking beautiful, D" he mumbled. Diana smiled, grinning as she always does.