Chapter 38

Evelyn's PoV

I walked to and fro into the foyer waiting for Aiden to come back home but he didn't. The night was spent restless without him in here with us. D slept with me in our room, but it wasn't easy to fall asleep with him gone to the office when we were exactly having fun together.

If Eric was the reason, I wasn't even sure about that. D was in the kitchen preparing breakfast for us, Eric took the task of looking after the kids as soon as he returned from his home this morning.
My restlessness resulted in making me nauseous and uneasy, I was having cramps since a few hours, but I kept it a secret for I wanted Aiden to be here with me before I have to go the hospital.

I had dialled his number almost a multiple of times by now and everytime only the answering machine would ask for any messages. I was pacing up and down the hallway when I heard some whispering from the kitchen, I heard a snorting yell by Eric, "We can't risk telling her, she is already undergoing with complications in this delivery. Have you forgotten the fact that she might die delivering the kids?" my legs started shivering on the words I just heard. I might die? I..my babies will not be motherless. No.. I can't die. No No

My head started squeezing with utmost pain, I clutched my tummy in my hands, my babies, I might die. Die. I won't be able to see my babies. No. I...a loud sob left me that caused Diana and Eric to go pale, looking at me, my cramps got even more pathetical, I could feel myself dying, "D" I yelled loudly, my eyes filled with tears, my hands clutching my tummy, my knees giving up on me, I fell in someone's arms, "D m-y w-ater brok-e" I stuutered, my head started spinning all of sudden, everything blacked out. I just wanna see my kids if I would die, Aiden will love them, I know he will be a great father to them. I just wanted to see how my kids will be like. They would be as handsome as Aiden. I love them, will always love them, even if I would not be in the same world as them.

***********

Eric's PoV

"Fuck, D, you stay here with the kids, I will take her to the hospital" I panicked on seeing Eve as pale and white as ice. She heard us loud and clear, I could see that fear of death in her eyes. Even my heart was thumbing loudly, afraid of the consequences of the delivery.

My heart was not brave enough to let her go, I love her. Yes, I do. I won't let anything happen to her, I don't know if it is a brotherly or a friendly love, but I want her in my life, even if she4 can't be mine, my heart will always be with her. A clear memory of our first meeting, the flush on her face, the way she smiles, everything came rushing down my memorylane while I was driving with Eve, at the back, unconscious, lying in fear. A lone tear escaped me, making me go crazy, out of my mind, my heart thumping loudly, still afraid of the aftermath of the delivery.

Once we reached the hospital I zoned myself out of my head, rushed in to take her to the doctors, she looked completely pale.

************

Aiden's PoV

"Its a girl and a little boy" my eyes were filled with overwhelming tears, the brightness of my eyes could be seen and sensed by anyone at that time. I walked in further, my eyes were focused on the kids wrapped in a pink and a blue baby towel, they both were not exactly identical but were similar. Happy tears flowed down my face, grinning like a fool, I wiped away the tears, walking past Eric, I stood in front of the kids, with doe eyes, beautifully smiling at us. They both had same eyes as mine but their smile was as hers.

I turned around, "Eve?" I asked the nurse, whose face fell at my words.

"Sir...doctors are trying to save her life. She might not ma-ke it" she stuttered, my eyes watered in an instant, making me look more angrier, my fist clenched, "She will be fine, Aiden" Eric's voice brought me back to the present.

"Our kids need her, Eric. I need her. We all need her" I sobbed, like a baby.

******************

"What the fuck is happening in this hospital? Will anyone tell me why my wife is still in the operation theatre after 5 hours of bringing her here" I yelled, hitting the desk at the reception, making the front desk man flinch.

"Sir. Please cooperate with the authorities, you are not supposed to create any scene o-v----"

"Shut the fuck up" I yelled at his non sense blabbering. They can't just do that, I am her husband I need to be there with her in the labour room. "I am gonna sue you" I yelled, almost about to punch him, but Eric held my hand, pulling me away from the scene.

"Doctors" he whispered, making my eyes go wide open, I turned around swiftly walking as fast as possible.

When we both reached there the doctors face turned pale, Mrs. Singh was looking at something with a sad look on her face, my heart shuddered on just thing about the worst, "Mr. Wilson, Evelyn. We had no choice but to do this we are very sorry, her womb has been removed, she can't give birth ever again. Her condition is still very critical, we will have to wait for a few more days." the doctors words gave me a sense of relief, my Eve, is fine, she is with us, I don't want anything right now but my babies mother to be alive with us, I love her..

"Can I meet her?" I asked, "She is not conscious but you can meet her, infact, take the kids with you, that might be really helpful in her improvement" I smiled, nodding lightly.

***************

Epilogue left....

yeahhhh.

almost done with another beautiful book....

love you....

*************