Chapter 23

Evelyn's PoV

The next day, Aiden's mom was brought in by a chain of nurses alongwith herself. She was given the entire groud floor. The best room of that floor was given to her whereas four of her nurses and maids were shifted to the other rooms on that floor itself.

Apparently, she was admitted in the hospital a day ago due to heart attack, and the doctors have asked to make her feel at ease. She shouldn't be stressing herself or getting any sort of problems.

Aiden has already left for his office to attend an early meeting ofcourse after spending some time with his mother.

Presently, it was the lunch time and I decided to cook some pasta as my baby was craving for it. I asked Mrs. Robinson to help me in chopping the vegetables and then I asked Maria, Fred and Mrs. Robinson to have lunch, afterwards.

I'd packed some for Aiden and asked Fred to take me to his office. I had prepared some chicken soup for Mrs. Wilson and asked the nurse to feed that to her. The nurse seemed hesitant when I asked her about any specific ingredients for her to avoid but she replied by just a simple nod and by saying that  soup will be just fine. Mrs. Wilson was asked to remain in her bed for two more days atleast and then her physio therapy would be starting.

Fred came in, just a few minutes before the lunch time and he took me to Aiden's office. We chatted for the whole of the drive about his girlfriend , however he didn't mention her name. I loved how much he respected her. I believe in love and when such things happen around me, I get emotional. Maybe this is the effect of being a pregnant woman.

After exactly 10 minutes of a chatty drive, we reached Aiden's Office, which was at the topmost floor of a huge building. "Wilson Heights". I read on the building. This building was around 100 storey building and every department was given two floors. I got all this information from Fred during the drive to Aiden's.

I grabbed the lunch box and followed Fred to my husband's office with a stupid grin on my face. I walked behind Fred and he stopped at the reception , "Mr. Wilson?" He asked with a simple nod towards his office. It was huge. Everything here spoke Rich.... I felt underdressed in front of the employees over here. The receptionist was wearing an elegant shirt and a pencil skirt, her hair were tied up in a neat bun. Her face was plastered with a few layers of makeup and she spoke in every sense, Professional. She nodded giving me a glance, her eyes roamed all over my attire. I was in a jeans and top totally unprofessional without a tinch of makeup. My hair were tied in a messy bun. I didn't even apply lipstick. Shit.

Her nose scrunched up and she faked a smile towards me,  "I would like to inform sir about your arrival, what should I say? " She asked. I was about to answer her but Fred answered instead, "he won't mind having lunch with his wife" he spoke, and her eyes widened. She looked at me again and froze. Her eyes were filled with guit and she stood up in a hurry, "I am so sorry ma'am. I didn't mean to. " I smiled , "It's ok sweetie. If you'd  want you can still ask him."

"No ma'am. Please, he just got free from a meeting. He would need you" she cleared her throat and her cheeks turned red. I chuckled. "Call me Evelyn, Miss..."

"Call me Tia" she smiled a genuine one this time. I nodded and was dragged by Fred towards the door. "All the best, Eve" he whispered pushing me lightly towards the door. I chuckled, and entered the door timidly.

Firstly, I was mesmerized to see the most beautiful scenic view from his wall size windows. I zoomed in and noticed an awestruck interior, engulfed in an aroma of musk, I stepped forward and my eyes fell on Aiden. His eyes were closed and he was pinching his nose as if he was in a headache.