Chapter 6

Evelyn's PoV

I wiped my tears rather roughly, how could he use me as a whore once again. For him I will never be anything but a dirty whore.

"Ma'am, we are here" Jason said opening the car door for me. I nodded and smiled , "Call me Eve, Jason. We are equal. Please. " I said took my phone and left.

I don't have my purse it's still at my work place, and as soon as I knocked at the door, I heard a loud yell from the kiddos rooms. Belle was sitting in the hall with her books spread on the carpet floor. It was a Sunday morning and hence we were all at home, I atleast have name of the father of my child to tell Elle.

"Where have you been, Eve?" Belle asked standing up from the floor. "What's that yelling?" I asked ignoring her question.

She huffed, "that's Elle. She has been telling shouting at someone all night. "

"What? Is there someone with her?" I asked.

"Na, she is on a call. " She replied rolling her eyes.

"Okie. I will talk to her then. What will you have in breakfast?" I asked pulling my hair up in a bun.

"I had the milk and cookies. I won't have anything now. I will go take a shower and then head over to Ms. Anderson's , you know Shea got a huge teddy bear by her stepdad. We are gonna play the doll set , she got last week. And do you know Shea will leave the school. Her stepdad asked her to get enrolled in a better school next year.
Is our school not a good one, Eve?" She asked raising her innocence filled eyes.

"It's good, Belle. Where does Shea live now. I will drop you and see how everything is there at her place. If I will feel anything fishy, you will not even say a word and come back home with me. Is that clear?" I said in a no nonsense tone. She rolled her eyes, "Ok" she muttered and started reading her book.

I smiled, and walked a few steps , knocked at Elle's, a loud, "I am busy Belle" came from the other side. I still walked in and stopped in my track when my eyes fell on her face, tears running down her swollen cheeks, her forehead had a huge bump , and her eyes were red of all this crying.

I rushed in, hugged her and she started crying loudly. "W-what happened? Who the hell did this to you?" I asked , holding her face in my hands and checking for any more injuries.

"I...I...did... didn't steal anything Eve, she lied, he...he..." Suddenly, the doorbell started ringing impatiently, I kissed her forehead and rushed out to who the hell has been so impatient. I opened the door, and there stood a woman in her late 50's or so. She was clutching her purse tightly and she was looking at our house with a scrunched up nose, "where's that bitch? " She asked in raised up voice.

"Huh?" I raised my eyebrows, confused, if she was at some wrong address.

"Oh God, how good you are in your acting skills. As if she didn't tell you, she will be stealing tonight. Huh...? You are the one who will blame us for another thing now?" Her eyes were throwing daggers at me. I was about to grab her hair and chop those manicured fingers she was pointing at me, "you all are same, bitches, right? Wanna find rich men and then ask for money, gold-diggers" I flinched at that, who the hell she think she is to come and yell at us like this.

"Stop that , will you ma'am? " Out came Elle , shouting.

"And I didn't steal , get that in your fucking mind. Your son's girlfriend was the one who stole that watch. You can even check in the CCTV camera at the shop. Stop blaming it on me" she yelled holding her cheeks in one hand , groaning in pain.