Chapter 16

Evelyn's PoV

I still can't believe what was there in that report. There must be something wrong or something to check upon. It's not true.

Adonis left soon after the drama, I am glad he didn't fished into the matter and excused himself as soon as he could. Aiden was still not home as he was the one who stormed out of the house after Adonis leaving me alone with this damn report in my hand.

I re-checked it and the words still felt wrong. It can't be true.

"Infertility due to blockage in testicles" the bold words stared back at me. How can this be possible if he was infertile and can't produce babies how come I got pregnant. There's something that need to check upon. Will he ever believe me on the first place? How will I ask him to go and see the doctor once again. ?

That's not even possible. He won't agree. I am left with only one solution.

I checked the date of the report and it was of an year ago. What the hell? If he knew about it earlier why did he marry me? If he thinks I am lying, why would he marry me?

I need to sort it out, soon. He need to know that this baby is his. It's somehow wrong, his report is not true. But how? How will I prove that?

I waited for him to return all night but he didn't. There was no trace of him all night.

When I finally realised he won't be coming back, I decided to go and check upon my kiddos at his penthouse, but I need to know the address for the same.

I jumped out of the bed and trailed my way into the ensuite. My eyes fell upon the reflection of myself in the mirror that actually brought me at a halt. I looked like shit. I didn't sleep all night and my wedding gown was in crumbles. My eyes were swollen, puffy and the makeup was smudged making me look even more pathetic.

I pulled myself out of the wedding gown. Opened the shower area, I let the water to warm up a little, once the temperature was ok, I took a long hot shower cleaning myself and trying to forget what happened.

My hands touched my belly and soon tears pooled up in my eyes, my baby don't deserve all this. I can't let them hurt my baby. I won't let anything affect my child. Whether you believe or not Aiden, this child is the truth and I won't let you hurt my baby at any cost.

I grabbed the towel and changed myself into one of the first thing I found in the closet.

It was a simple white shirt and trouser pants. It was a perfect fit, and I wondered how does he know my size. I was mesmerized to see the closet was filled with various dresses and even undergarments. Everything brand new, with price tags still on.