Chapter 4

Evelyn's PoV

I managed to escape from Elle tonight. It won't happen again. Eventually, she will get to know the truth. I still don't want to tell her the truth. I should make up a story by tomorrow.

As I had my night shift today I left a little earlier than I should. Belle was still awake and hence Elle couldn't ask anything about the baby.

I walked down the street thinking about a possible solution to the situation in hand. I will be needing another job , a job to feed us all. I will be showing up soon and then no one will want me in strippers club. I was deep in my thoughts when I collided with someone. I raised my eyes to see a young boy of 17 or around looking at me with wide eyes, he looked concerned too.

"Miss , I am so sorry. Are you ok?" He asked.

I smiled , "Actually I wasn't looking straight. I am so sorry. I am fine. Are you ok?" I asked looking at him

"Yup. I am just fine. Should I drop you anywhere?" He asked.

"No. No. I was heading to my work. Its just down the street don't worry about it. " He smiled and apologized once again before sitting in a limousine.

I started walking again but a little carefully this time . On reaching to the club, I greeted the bouncer out of habit. Then greeted all my colleagues, Kate, who is one of the strippers' is my best friend amongst everyone else . She is like a sister to me. She hugged me, infact she was the one who insisted to go and see the doctor. Since I was puking all week and the dizziness was getting stronger each day.  Not even for once, I thought that I could return with such a news. I thought it wasn't possible to get pregnant if he used condom. I googled last night and came to know that due to certain reasons like spoilt condom, expired condom, if it breaks during sex or if it is damaged/broken.
I am not sure what happened but I now know that there are 15% girls who get pregnant after using condoms and I am one of that girl.

"Eve. What did the doctor said?" Kate whispered bringing me out of my thoughts. I couldn't, just couldn't speak up for a second, "it-its a f-flu " I stuttered.

"Oh. Then you should have taken some rest, babes. Taken off tonight" she said pouring a glass of wine for herself. Since Jerry was not yet here, we all can take as many drinks as we'd like, we just need to make sure that the camera of the bar is not on or that we are not being captured in the camera.

"I...I... wanted to work. " I muttered when my eyes fell on something rather on someone. I thought it was just an imaginary so I blinked my eyes a few times but again I saw him. He was looking around the club with his penetrating eyes and when his eyes fell on me , our eyes locked for a second. He smirked and started walking towards me. My heart started racing loudly. I turned around and started walking fast towards our locker room where clients were not allowed. But before I could reach there I was grabbed and pulled backwards, "Where do you think , you are going?" his deep voice sparked my nerves.

His touch was like a current , enlightening my every body part. I closed my eyes , took a deep breath and looked upwards, directly into his eyes.

His face was red, sharpened with anger.

"I wanna talk to you" he said , it was more like an order though. I rolled my eyes and shrugged my hand away from his grasp.

"I am getting late for my duty. " I said glaring at him.

"Listen, Ms. Singer, I am here for you and it's damn urgent , your singing in that sling of a dress  can wait" he nodded towards the locker room where I was about to enter to change in that sling of dress, ofcourse.