Chapter 22

Evelyn's PoV

"I can't believe you, really? That's the way he used to be?" I was in a state of shock when Joana told me about some prank that Aiden played on her and was then punished for a month by his mom.

I was presently, at the penthouse to meet my kiddos who were living here with their Aunt Joana and Uncle John. Yup, they have grown so close to them that they started calling them that.

Belle was unstoppably in love with both of them. She would read books play and colour books with Joana. She told me about John teaching her maths for she was lacking behind in her class. I was so glad to hear that they were happy here.

Joana excused herself when Elle entered with a fowl frown on her face. I walked up to her but halted when Adonis followed her into her room. Neither of them was aware of me being just behind them. I turned around to give them privacy but my feet jammed on its place when I heard a moan behind the door. I could hear some kisses being exchanged and hitching of breaths. My eyes widened when I turned around and found her pushing him hard, away from herself, making him fall backwards.

"What the fuck do you want?" she yelled, crossing her hands over her chest.

"Listen, Elle. Trust me , for God's sake, I will never come in between you and your career. Why don't you get that? I just want a fucking chance" He yelled back.

"You just don't understand Adonis. I want myself to be the best. I want to be at the top. You what difficulty I will have to face to go and start working as a director. I wanna be at the film school. I will be far away from all of you. I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself when I leave" she said. My breath hitched up an octave high. She want to be a Director. As in film director. ? But why? Why did she never tell me anything about it?

She always wanted to go to New York or London to study but I never knew she wanted to study this.

"I can be with you. Your support" he whispered gently.

A smile broke on my lips when I heard that love in his voice. His voice was raspy and it hitched when he spoke again. Clearing his throat once again, "listen, Elle, if you want, we won't continue once you are back to California. Anywhere you are looking forward to go. It's just that, atleast give me a chance till you are here with us. " He whispered.

I saw , her eyes glistening up with un-shed tears and she simply nodded. I could say she was trying to hold back her tears , to be a strong woman she always was.

When he engulfed her in his arms, I smiled and left, letting them having their moment.

"Eve, where have you been? I was searching for you." Belle asked running upto me.

I smiled and walked down with her, my eyes were focused on her breathlessness, "don't run around. If you are so exhausted, baby" I whispered.

"Eve, I... I...got to know about the baby" she whispered shyly.

"What? About ?" I asked, confused.

"Yes. I... I know you are pregnant. " She muttered nervously.

"Where did you get that from?" I asked.

"I overheard, something. Joana was telling something about the baby to John. I... I am sorry for prying on. You love him? I mean. Do you love Aiden?" She asked hesitantly.