Chapter 9: The Welcome Party

" Do we intercept the target?" A rugged voice spoke to the mysterious woman, kneeling with his head locked on the floor. This was obviously one of the servants that she chose to accompany her to this Ball.
" Not at the moment, Inform the Wraith that we'll be making our move in forty minutes. That should be enough time for him to set his trap." She said, rising to her feet before walking through the crowd to get a better look at Deno.

The young man crashed his fist against a guild member's fist, feeling their power crash into him. She took a step forward, trying to gain the edge over him until he started overpowering her.
" You are holding back against us to conserve power in case anything occurs. That's a very smart decision boy." She said to him, making sure his attention was on her.

Without revealing to her that he knew exactly what he was doing. Deno grabbed ahold of her forearm with the same hand that clashed with her fist. He smirked underneath his mask, jerking her forward before crashing his right fist against her face.
" H-His awareness is something else." Those were the last words that escaped her lips as she was launched to the back wall of the room.
A shadow was growing right above him, the reflection of the blade caught his attention through a filled glass that rested in the hands of a member that didn't take place.

" Follow up Deno!" Belial's voice shouted from behind him until the male slid on the floor. He gripped a hold of his weapon tightly, feeling the impact of the weapon and the weight being applied behind it.
" You have quite some endurance." The man said to Belial, seeing a devilish smile form on his face before noticing Deno was no longer behind him.

The man shifted his head to the left, witnessing Deno materialized out of thin area with electricity coursing all around his body.
" Well played boys." He said before a fist coated in electricity crashed against the side of his face. The man crashed into the floor, sending another shockwave throughout the ballroom.
As Deno landed on the ground, The two noticed Ikuta fending off seven people at once while they were just showing off.
" She doesn't want to show strength nor magic but only raw skill." Leona said, finding a common interest between Ikuta and herself.

A fist barely missed Ikuta's face, showing how close they are to hitting her. She waited for the next attacker, canceling out her surroundings before shifting her attention to the right
" God, Why are men so predictable..." Ikuta and Leona said in sync just before she twisted her body around. Another punch missed her but she wasn't going to allow them to throw another one.
Ikuta gripped a hold of the man's left forearm, slamming her right hand on his elbow causing it to pop out of the socket. She winked at him, twisting his forearm before crashing her right boot into his left kneecap.
" Next time, Don't miss honey." She spoke quickly, turning back around to catch two sets of fists as she started being pushed back because of them.

Ikuta smirked, blowing a kiss at the two females in front of her. That kiss caught them off guard causing her to feel their muscles loosen up for a brief moment. She took that moment to get closer to them, sliding past the two of them while at the same time sweeping their feet from under them.
" Here you go, boys." She said, looking up to see Deno and Belial slamming their fists into the women's stomach.
At the same time, Both females were sent back ten feet as they rolled on the floor before crashing against the back wall.
" Seven down and thirteen to go. You two mind kicking it up a notch because we all know that you're holding back because you don't want to kill them." She said to them as the remaining thirteen people came directly for them.

The Twins looked at one another, preparing themselves for any incoming attack. Deno on the other hand was slowly unsheathing his rapier, running his left index finger along the blade.
" Just follow each other's movements, It's like a dance routine but more complicated." Leona said, looking over to her father who was focusing on the three.