Chapter 24: Realm Of Shadows

" W-Where did we land...?" Belial started waking up, slowly open in his eyes. He stared up at what he assumed was a sky. Seeing nothing but a gray sky with no clouds in sight.
When he leaned up, there were corpses scattered amongst the rubble of various things.
" This is a wasteland...." He got to his feet, taking in a deep breath. Not seeing Ikuta nor Deno anywhere, making him skeptical about this place.

Belial strapped his sword to his back, preparing himself to search for them.
" Let's hope we're alone in this place." He began walking what he assumed was north, passing corpses that looked different from regular humans.
Each corpse was different, Some were Elfs and a few others resembled Half-Orcs. Their attire was entirely different from what he's encountered over the years.

" These two are wearing the same clothes, Looks like a school Unifrom. Why would a Human and an Orc be going to the same school?..." Kneeling to examine the corpses, pulling out an Identification card. He didn't understand some of the words. Flipping it over to the back revealed the person's face, before it was destroyed by who knows what.
" Anthony Kuto, Age Seventeen, and Student Of The Goddess's Academy..."

He placed the card back in the young man's pocket, before noticing a massive scar on his chest. The blood was still soaking his clothes.
" Why is the blood continuing to flow? The guy is already dead.... This doesn't make any sense at all. " Belial stood back up, continuing North to find Ikuta and Deno. This place could be endless, but that's a risk he's willing to take.

An hour passed by, Belial kept passing corpses and destroyed structures. He wasn't watching his feet, accidentally tripping over something. As he fell, Everything around him began to disappear until something blinded his vision.
" W-WHOS THERE!" He shouted out, falling to his knees. There wasn't a response, but the smell of food being cooked caught his attention.

When his Vision returned, Belial was in front of a cabin. The front door was wide open, making it an obvious do not enter for him.
" If someone is here, They may be able to help me.."
He got up once again, hesitating before entering the building. Spotting a wall of weaponry, some of it was unfamiliar to him.
" What is this? A miniature cannon with ammunition placed it that small thing. Whoever created that is a damn genius." He wasn't paying attention to the situation, bluntly running his mouth out loud without care.

The aroma of food continued to catch his attention, even with the distraction of these unidentified weapons. Belial stopped in his tracks, hearing footsteps directly in the room ahead of him.

" Those who adventure alone into the unknown will be met with something they've never seen before." A masculine voice spoke from within the room, shaking this building by their tone.
The door flew open, sending a gust of air through the hallway. Shaking the weapons hanging from the wall, and forcing Belial to cover his eyes.

" Another Son of Omen crosses paths with me again. My My, I feel so lucky to have guests in this empty realm." The voice shook the entire building again, sending a full wave of fear throughout Belial's body.
A figure cloaked with Shadows stood in the doorway, this kind of presence was telling Belial to run.
" W-What are you?" When asked that, Lucis wanted to physically strangle Belial for being bluntly stupid.

" Young Man, I'm just a humble man living in secrecy. With everything going on within the Universes, I decided to live and be alone for thousands of years." The mysterious man stepped towards Belial, keeping himself cloaked with shadows. Not wanting this boy to see him at all.

Belial wasn't taking any chances as he dropped to his knees. Lowering his head to the floor and kept both hands on each leg.
" I-I apologize for entering your house. I'm looking for two others, Something went wrong with our training exercise and the ground split open. Next thing I know, I'm surrounded by destroyed buildings and corpses with neither of them in sight." He never expected to be in this position, but the presence of this man was nothing he's experienced in his life.