Chapter 30 : Friends Become Enemies. Deno Versus Belial

A pool of blood grew in size as Deno laid unconscious on the cobblestone street. Feeling his life slowly fading away, but something was preventing him from leaving the land of the living.
" Belial, WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" Ikuta stared into her brother's eyes, seeing no emotion within them. She watched blood drip from the tip of his blade.

Belial didn't respond, placing his right foot ontop of Deno's back before walking over him to get to Ikuta. He slammed the sword into the stone, embedding it to prevent it from moving or falling over.
" He killed Michael, I'm not losing you too. We are leaving, Leo and the others can discover his fucking corpse." The feeling of pain and betrayal coursed throughout his body. Ignoring his body wanting to check in Deno, maintaining focus on his sister.

" You promised to keep her safe, but you couldn't even do that. Michael was right, You are a monster." Belial mumbled under his breath, doing his best to prevent Ikuta from hearing him. He grabbed hold of her arm, forcing her to walk with him. The temptation to look back was killing him, but he knew this was  for the best.

Ikutas tried breaking free of his grasp, beating on his arm as she reached out to Deno. Noticing no sign of life caused her eyes to swell with tears.
" HE WAS PROTECTING ME, MICHAEL-" Belial backhanded her, preventing her from continuing the sentence let alone get loud with him in a situation like this.

The gaze that he received was identical to the one, He gave Deno many years ago.
" Just shut up...." Belial didn't want to do that at all, but it was the only way to silence the regret swirling within his mind.

Deno began waking up, seeing that he was now sitting inside of a cell. The walls covered in blood and scratch marks, but these marks were six inches deep. While some of the blood spots we're fresh and others dried.
" Dinner Time, You better eat or I'll give you each nine lashes!" Talios stood on the other side of the cell, tossing two plates of food into the cell. 

Talios smirked, tossing the food into the cell. Watching Deno and a little girl scoot backwards out of fear.
" Don't forget Subject Six Hundred and Sixty Six. You'll be face to face with Lord Sin in the next hour."

The food splashed onto the floor, scattering whatever their dinner was across the floor. Deno saw his reflection in the watery mashed potatoes, seeing the exact thing everyone else sees, and that's a monster with no place to call home.
" Bubby, Why did mommy and daddy give us up?" A very young Tsumi asked her brother, doing her best to eat whatever isn't that dirty. The two we're only a year apart, Deno being three years old and Tsumi being two.

" I guess it's because we weren't what they wanted. They didn't want to have monsters as children, So they tossed aside and gave us to him." Deno took a bite out of a molded piece of bread, watching tears swell up in Tsumi's eyes. He scooted over to her, placing his arm around her and held her close.
" If we ever get separated, Will you come find me no matter how long it takes?" That question snapped him back to reality, bringing forth an insane amount of anger.

Deno opened his eyes for a second time, seeing his own reflection from the pool of blood surrounding him. He started forcing himself off the ground, feeling his strength slowly returning.
" You really are my prized creation. Thankfully, You and Tsumi will be my weapons of war!" Sin's voice banged against every memory inside of his head.

Every drop of blood began clumping together, quickly climbing up Deno's body. Making it's way to the open wound on his back. He didn't feel anything as it seeped back into the open wound. Allowing the injury to easily heal itself.
" They're abandoning you as you abandoned me!" Tsumi stood behind Belial and Ikuta, wearing a ripped black dress. She stared into her brother's eyes, taking a step towards him.

Nothing but pure rage overwhelmed him, but this time Lucifer had no influence on his body nor power. This was all Deno's doing and he finally gave in to his olds ways.
" I-I must kill the son of Omen.... As Sin instructed me to do...." The past has now came back to the present; but the Deno rising to his feet wasn't the one Ikuta and Belial trained alongside.