Chapter 23: Unfortunate Event

"There are about thirty life forms due west. I sense five marksmen and five mages, their aura makes me question everything about this exercise." Ikuta knelt down, picking up one of her daggers. Blood stained the steel, giving her another reason to question the exercise. She twirled the blade, twisting her body in the direction of the people that they're about to attack.

Ikuta arched her right arm back, focusing on one of the archers even though she couldn't see them. She was focusing on their aura, feeling it flow like water.
" Follow up in case something happens. I'll distract them, Deno engages their brutes and gives them a fun time. Make openings for Belial to finish off strong opponents." With that being said, She launched the dagger as her eyes shifted to a dark silver color.

All three of them followed the dagger. Belial and Deno kept their speed the same, allowing Ikuta to catch everyone's attention.
The dagger was deflected by something, but there wasn't anything in front of them.
" It's a barrier, FUCKING SHATTER IT!" A sinister smile began to form on Belial's face. He wanted these guild members to underestimate them, it'll fuel the small ego he has.

As the dagger was falling to the ground, it vanished from Deno's line of sight. He watched Ikuta emerge from the shadows, crashing her left boot against the barrier. There was a small crack left from her attack, informing each of them that this barrier is pretty durable.

Electricity began conducting around Deno's feet, giving him the boost of speed even if it's for a single second. He arched his right arm back, clenching his fist as the electrical current coursing around his feet dispersed.
Fire started seeping through his skin, soon engulfing his entire right arm in flames.

" .... WHY IS THERE FIRE COMING FROM THE FOREST!?!?!" A male jerked up from his chair, alerting his comrades that the trainees have made their way to them. The remaining twenty-nine prepared themselves for what's to come. They only know some things about Deno, but nothing about the Twins.

Deno slammed his fist in the exact spot where Ikuta did. Fire exploded all around the barrier, scaling it to make a wall of fire. The crack grew ten times its size, making it obvious that Belial was going to finish the job.
He took a step aside, locking eyes with Ikuta. Forming a smile under his mask, actually having fun with this training and with them.

Belial grinned, closing his left hand before clenching it. Narrowing his eyes at the fire raging against the barrier.
" He's not going to burn you. Those Flames are controlled with proper care, He's able to choose who they harm." Lucis knew the boy was still conflicted on Deno, wanting to figure out who he was and where he's met him from.

When Belial crashed his fist against the barrier, He felt it send his power back at him.
" They're trying to keep us out... Pathetic for them to think we're WEAK!" His eyes shifted to their Silver color. Increasing his physical attributes, allowing him to apply more power than the barrier can defend against.

The barrier finally cracked, caving where the three attacked. Belial took a step forward, releasing whatever was left in the tank.
" NEUTRALIZE THE TARGETS!"
Fragments of the barrier erupted from their sockets, scattering across the soon-to-be battleground. Each piece was coated in flame, making it look like fire was raining down at the Guild Members.

Belial stood amongst the raging fire, feeling its heat. Realizing Lucis wasn't lying to him about Deno.
" ATTACK!" The guild members began to charge at the three, wanting to overwhelm them with numbers instead of wasting their magic or skillful attacks.
Ikuta walked out behind her brother, moving her hand in the fire. She was amazed at its control. The feeling it gave off mimicked a hot bath.

Solid black eyes emerged within the flames, appearing to the left of Belial. The coloring reverted back to Snow White as Deno exited the flames.
" I'll get little man, Leona is gonna be upset when I beat her brother." A Male Orc Marauder charged at Deno, squeezing his rugged axe with a firm grip.