A Proposal

Once you and Midnight got back home from the final exams for both classes, you had each gone to take a shower in either the main bedroom or the spare one in the spare bedroom. With showers done, you both got changed, with you personally getting pretty dressed up for the moment. You had the usual suit and tie type of deal, which you were fine with once you saw Midnight walk back out from the room in her usual scarlet dressed attire.

Like always, you blushed heavily due to the sheer attractiveness Midnight gave off. But like always, you sucked it up and together you both drove off out to dinner. You weren't planning on something high end like usual but you wanted to make tonight special for you and Midnight. Tonight was the night and you weren't going to screw things up. So, you pulled into Cardinal's Grill and did all the usual stuff. However, you weren't ushered to your usual spot, instead, you guys got the back corner of the room, somewhat out of sight from the rest of the restaurant.

You could tell Midnight was a bit confused, but you told her to not worry and enjoy the night out. After you guys got seated, you excused yourself to go to the bathroom. Again, Midnight seemed a bit confused but you still smiled, pecked her cheek, and walked off. In reality, you went to the manager's office just to get a double check with everything you had asked for. He said everything was in order so far and you smiled and walked back out to your table.

When you returned, you saw Midnight cocking an eyebrow, looking at you with a very questionable look. You glanced around and turned your gaze back to her. You were worried she became suspicious over the wrong reasons. Clearly, she was suspicious and that stare did not help at all.

(Y/N): Is everything ok?

Midnight: I'm fine. Just wondering what's going on here?

(Y/N): What do you mean?

Midnight: Unusual table, different lighting and-

Next thing you knew, food and drinks had come out, both your favorites and what you always ordered at the Grill. Midnight was now doubled surprised by this and had no idea what was going on. Especially when a waitress poured her some of her favorite wine and left without a word. You looked at her then the food and shrugged and began to eat. You looked back up to Midnight after a few seconds when you saw her still questioning face.

(Y/N): What is it?

Midnight: I'm just...extremely lost right now. Again, dinner, the fact that-just...what and-you planned this didn't you?

(Y/N): Planned what? I just asked you out to dinner and you said yes.

Midnight: I'm talking about the crap ton of service we're getting. Even for this place, this is all really impressive. So, either they have more people on staff and know us THAT well, which I highly doubt. Or, you planned something.

(Y/N): Well, I didn't plan anything other than taking you here.

Midnight cocked an eyebrow but eventually shrugged it off and began to eat dinner with you. The meal was great as always, nothing too out seasoned or too dry, just the way you liked it. While your meal was great, there was still the lingering feeling of Midnight's odd suspicions. You would occasionally look up at her just to see her reaction.

She would usually come across as loving it and enjoying the food. You also cleared your throat to get her attention once you saw she was more than halfway done with the food on her plate.

(Y/N): You did great out there today.

Midnight: Better than you.

(Y/N): Still going on about that.