Hunting the Prey

Once Recovery Girl was done, your chest and left arm were relatively healed. You had to wait for your stamina to recharge before she continued with surgery. So, in the meantime, you were able to watch the news for any updates regarding the villain. He had committed another three murders and now the police were really stepping up patrols and hunts. Talks of a possible curfew were also in the works. And then you heard the news from JP Billboard. Talks about you dropping from your rank as the number 15 pro hero due to the incident arose.

You honestly didn't care so much but it was still a pressing issue for you. You sighed and returned to sleep to rest up your body for the next treatment from Recovery Girl. Once you awoke again, you saw Midnight was beside you, reading a book. She must have seen you look her way and smiled at you. You smiled back at her as she kneeled down besides your bed.

Midnight: Morning.

(Y/N): Hey. How's it going?

Midnight: Everyone is still in a stir. You've seen the news.

(Y/N): Yeah. How are things with you? Work doing alright?

Midnight: For the most part. Had to go on an interview with that rookie. Mt. Lady.

(Y/N): Oh...not a fan?

Midnight: She's way too into herself. Yelling, annoying. She called me old!

(Y/N): (Chuckles) Sounds like you when you got onto the scene. And you're not old. Thirty-one is not old.

Midnight: I'm still getting old.

(Y/N): We all get old. It's called life. So, aside from all of that, anything else you wish to bring me up to speed on?

Midnight: School is going well. The first-years have gotten their internships ready along with codenames. Some of them are so much fun! Although, one did try to name himself, and I quote, "King Explosion Murder" so I'm sure if they are all...stable as you say. Still, it is quite fun! Your students still miss you. Green Thumb has been filling in for you.

(Y/N): The first-year heroics teacher?

Midnight: She had plenty of time. Besides, she is quite effective. And I know you really like being there for the students but you also need to be here for rest.

(Y/N): I'm missing the best part of the year though. Getting to see them grow to their fullest potential. I mean, look at Mirio! I swear that kid is going to surpass me in his first month.

Midnight: Well, given recent developments, I can see that happening.

You looked at Midnight with an annoyed glare. She giggled a bit and placed her hand on your shoulder. You looked up at her and smiled. She leaned down and kissed you on the forehead before getting up and looking back at you.

Midnight: Recovery Girl should be in here in the next hour. You better get some more rest.

(Y/N): Got it, Babe.

Midnight smiled again and you drifted off to sleep. Once you awoke again, the bandages were off of your body and the IV was out. You looked up and saw the doctor going over a checklist. He looks back at you and walks over to you.

Doctor: Morning, son.

(Y/N): I take it I slept through Recovery Girl's surgery?

Doctor: That you did. Now then, we are going to discharge you today, but take things slow. Your back and face still have minor damages to them and if you overexert yourself, it could lead to serious back pain. The last thing we need is a high-ranking pro going out early like that.