Lady of the Night

You had been acting as a pro hero for the past ten years now and at the rightful age of 31, you were finally entering the top 20 heroes, taking spot 15. While many people thought your quirk was insanely powerful, it was only because you made it so, something that one of your students at UA took to heart. Yeah, despite being in the top 20, you chose to have a teaching job at your old high school. Your quirk: Card Master. You used a deck of cards and each suit had a different effect. Spades were throwing knives, Hearts could summon small animals, diamonds could create portals and clubs were melee weapons depending on the card number.

However, despite that, one thing really pressed you in the wrong way. Despite working at a hero high school, you barely got to interact with other teachers. Work was always on high, especially for third years. Job interviews, work studies and trying to get a lot of these young heroes into the field at a young age, it just never gave you time to socialize with your co-workers.

But that was not a current issue. As of right now, you were out on patrol, having finished off your actual work for the night and decided to get paid another way. You were running along the rooftops and leaping from roof to roof. You located a few small thieves and you were easily able to tie them up and complete your small missions. After running around for a few more minutes, you came across a large rooftop and landed along the corner to brood and look over the city.

You looked to your deck and saw that you had at least 3/4ths of the deck left. Of course, you could use any card deck but it was still a pricey endeavor. As you were up there, you glanced back and could basically since someone was on the roof with you. Taking a deep breath and grabbing the top card, you were prepared for a fight. You spun around and through a spade towards the figure who slapped it back and ran towards you, flipped forward to tackle you. You sidestepped and you both kicked up to attack. Once you did, did you both gasp and see one another.

(Y/N): Nemuri?

Midnight: (Y/N)?

You both lowered your legs and just stared at one another. It had been a while since either of you saw one another and the pure ambient tone of the air made that point and the silence very awkward for you both. You swung your arms as you were trying to think about what there was to say on the matter. The air was a bit awkward for you both but it was still quiet compared to a few seconds earlier. You cleared your throat and stood with you back straight.

Midnight: It's...it's good to see you again.

(Y/N): Uh, yeah. Likewise. It's been what? Five years since we've seen each other in the field.

Midnight: Just about.

(Y/N): So...where are the boys? I'm sure their "mistress" would love to see them again.

Midnight: Don't flatter me.

(Y/N): Still the same Midnight as always. Can never take a joke.

Midnight: Same to you, Dandy Man.

You smirked before walking back to the corner of the building.

Midnight: I barely see you at work anymore.

(Y/N): I've been busy. You know how hard it is for third years.

Midnight: Oh, I know how hard they get.

(Y/N): Always with the innuendos. See, that's why we broke up.

You both stood there awkwardly due to the comment. Midnight had a look of anger on her face while you rubbed the back of your neck in shame.

(Y/N): Ok yeah. That was uncalled for.

Midnight: Especially since I got you the job at UA.

Again, more awkward silence. You were still at the edge of the building, looking out across the city. Midnight then walked over and stood beside you. You both began to gaze across the city, seeing the lights and cars move along the roads. You sighed and turned back to look at her.