Union (Epilogue Part 1)

Around a year later, the day had finally come in. Judgment day. At least it was for you. Still, it was a big day with nothing to worry about it, yet everything to worry about. You had been pacing through the main corridor of the chapel, trying to calm yourself down and go over your mental checklist on what to do and what needed to be done. You sighed again as you prepared yourself for the moment. You sighed again before looking to the doorway.

The tabloids were kicked out, family ushered in through the back door, friends also ushered through the back door. Front door security was in place. Back door security was in place once the press realized where you were. You sighed again and cracked your back a little. You brushed some of your hair back, trying to do whatever you felt was best for this case scenario.

(Y/N): Alright, alright. This will be fine. It's a walk in the park. No major reason to be concerned at all. (Sighs) Oh god.

You then felt a hand place itself on your shoulder. You glanced back and saw Shota Aizawa standing there, better known as Eraser Head, was standing over you. With him were your other co-workers, friends, and pro heroes Present Mic, All Might, and Vlad King.

Aizawa: Calm down. It's irrational for you to think like this.

(Y/N): Oh, geez, thanks. Thanks, Shota. Thanks, like, really.

Aizawa: (Y/N), take it from someone who got married last year, you'll be fine. There should be no major issues before you.

(Y/N): No "major" issues. That still means issues.

Aizawa: Why do I try with you anymore?

Aizawa just walked off as you took another deep breath, trying to calm yourself down. A common debate between you and Midnight was if it was best to have a traditional wedding or a more western style. You then decided to go for a mixture with the reception being more traditional than the actual ceremony. After a couple more moments of you freaking out, Aizawa grabbed you and silently told you it was time.

You nodded and walked out into the chapel and went down to the aisle. You sighed again as Nemuri stepped out dressed in her white kimono and began to walk down towards you. You took another deep breath as you guys prepared for the ceremony at hand. You smiled once she arrived at the altar and looked at you with a smile on her face as well.

The priest nodded at you both as you turned to face him as your family and friends sat down at their respective seats. You couldn't help but look back at your bride despite the need to pay attention to the priest and what he was saying. Eventually, Midnight squeezed your hand and got you to pay attention after she gestured to the man. Honestly, it was just basic stuff here and there, nothing really to worry about. The finally the vows came up.

The priest nodded at you both, confirming you were ready. You nodded back while Midnight looked like she couldn't wait any longer.

Priest: Do you, (Y/N) (L/N), vow to protect the people of the world, to influence and spread your good everywhere you go, and to uphold the laws of this nation, this union, and otherwise for as long as humanly possible, unto death?

(Y/N): I do.

Priest: Do you, Nemuri Kayama, vow to educate the youth, faithfully love your spouse through good times and bad and uphold the laws and enforce the laws of our society to protect it better than when you entered it?

Midnight: I do.

Priest: If you may?

You both nodded and got down onto your knees. The usual Christian traditions then applied to the ceremony, kneeling down, prayers, the body of Christ, stuff like that. Not that you were complaining obviously. You wanted this. Regardless, the ceremony concluded once you both stood and faced one another again. You smiled at her and she at you.

Priest: Through the power invested in me, I now pronounce this couple officially wed. You may kiss.

Midnight nearly grabbed your collar and pulled you and kissed her. You were a bit shocked but didn't care at all. You wrapped your arms around her and pulled her in closer, confirming the kiss. You cupped her cheek as you both broke the kiss and smiled at one another. You guys quickly rushed out of the chapel, applause and some cheers here and there. Still, though, you guys got outside, into a car, and drove off for the reception.

After the car started driving off, you turned to Midnight and smiled at her.

(Y/N): I love you. So much.

Midnight: I love you too.

You both kissed again and drove off. A few hours later, you and Midnight had a small family gathering to honor the couple. You guys had the traditional san Ku, drinking to join the two families completely. From there, your families and close friends/co-workers gave speeches honoring you both before the feast began.

A mixture of French and Japanese foods was provided to your families, mostly a sushi platter and soufflé. Overall, the reception was a tone of fun, very calming, and peaceful. With that said, the night ended and you and Midnight returned to your home after paying off the cleanup crew for their troubles. Once you guys got back to your new home, you both just crashed down onto the bed. You sighed and looked over at Midnight.

Midnight: That was fantastic.

(Y/N): That was just perfect. So, what do we do now?

Midnight: I say we just chill out. I need some rest.

(Y/N): Fair point.

You felt your arm move a little and saw Midnight laid her head down onto your bicep. You glanced back at her and smiled slightly before leaning in and kissing her again. You broke the kiss and just smiled at her, not knowing what else to do in the given situation.

Midnight: What is it?

(Y/N): I just...I just can't believe it. After knowing each other for years since high school, dating for a collective 6 years and now...now we finally are back. I just...I can't believe it.

Midnight: I know right. Like...we are finally back together. This time permanently.

(Y/N): Or at least till one of us dies. And given our line of work.

Midnight slapped your arm as you just laughed in her face a little. She chuckled with you before taking up her old position again. You sighed once again.

Midnight: I've noticed to tend to sigh and take deep breaths a lot these days. Is everything ok?

(Y/N): Well, I did get a collapsed lung when I was 25.

Midnight: Oh yeah. You think that could lead to any major issues in the future?

(Y/N): If it will, I haven't felt it yet. So I think I'm good.

Midnight: (Yawns) That's good.

(Y/N): The only thing we did today was get married and had a lot of food. You should not be tired.

Midnight stuck her hand up and flicked you off. You chuckled a bit before leaning over and kissing her cheek. You then reached over and turned out the lights, letting the darkness overtake you and finally fall asleep with your now wife, right beside you.

(Y/N): Today was a good day.