Baby Time (Epligoue Part 2)

Around 5 months later things had been going very well for you and Midnight in total. Work was doing good, teaching at UA however had to be ended in that time. Since the end of the school year and the calendar year, the Hero Billboard Chart JP had come out with new rankings, and you were moved up to the top 5, taking spot number 5, successfully moving into the top 10 pro heroes. Although, it came at a cost. Due to the increased pressure, you weren't allowed to teach at UA in worry with the students. And to be fair, you were fine with that.

You loved teaching, but the work got too big, and honestly, you needed to get back into your field. Teaching third years was fun, but work studies took too much time from them to really get you connected. Still, you were happy with your time as a teacher and hopefully, your students felt the same way. But that was the past, and now is now.

You were inside your office, overlooking the city of Musufatu, seeing the world you loved so well protected. You stretched a little and yawned as you took in the scenery. It was getting late and for now, you still had some reports to file. Making your way back to your computer, you decided now would be a good time to start those reports. It wasn't much, just some of your sidekicks had done nice jobs here and there and you also stopped a highway chase a few hours back. If you wanted to get paid, now was the time to get to work.

It wasn't tedious by any sense of the word, just long and boring. Regardless, it had to be done and today seemed like the only logical time to get it done. Forms were quick and easy and a few other pieces of paper had to be stacked and sent down to shipping on the first floor of the office. Still, work was work and there was nothing about that you could change. You touched your chest, taking in another deep breath, trying to calm yourself and not push your lungs. Taking in a deep breath you finished your reports and submitted them to the Public Safety Commission to make sure you received payment for the week.

You got up and walked over to your wall of weapons and looked them over. They were all in display cases, meant to act as trophies for the villains you had fought and captured. Was it good to have these things? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Regardless, they were here and you weren't going to get rid of them unless completely necessary. You then heard a knock on your door and saw your secretary walk into your office.

Secretary: Mr. Dandy Man.

(Y/N): Yes?

Secretary: Your wife is here to see you.

(Y/N): (Smiles) Thank you. Send her in.

The secretary nodded and slightly closed the door for a few seconds. The door opened again and Midnight walked through. You smiled at her and she smiled back. You walked over to her and kissed her, playfully slamming your hat down on her head.

(Y/N): Hey.

Midnight: Hey.

(Y/N): How was school today?

Midnight: Fine. Although some went further beyond than expected.

(Y/N): Meaning?

Midnight: They...are exceptional young heroes. We'll put it like that.

(Y/N): Well, that's good to know. Ready to get going?

Midnight: Sure.

Midnight threw your hate back to you which you quickly caught and flipped backward to get behind your desk. You grabbed a briefcase and quickly followed Midnight out of your office. You said goodbye to your employees and your sidekicks before heading out the door and driving home.

The two of you let that settle.

(Y/N): So, normal day.

Midnight: Yep, normal day. How about you?

(Y/N): It's nothing really. Just the usual robbery, highway chase sequence. Some of the sidekicks were able to take down some big buy. Not much else.

Midnight: Fun times. Oh, that reminded me about something. Wolfrum, found hanging in his cell.

(Y/N): Wait, really?!

Midnight nodded.

Midnight: Yeah. He uh...

(Y/N): Oh...ok then. You doing ok, you have barely touched your coffee?

Midnight: Yeah, I'm fine. (Holds up two cookies) Got you something.

(Y/N): Nemmi, seriously? They were in the break room, you could have just asked.

Midnight: I did. Bouncing Boy said it was fine.

(Y/N): And he's one of your students who has a crush on you.

Midnight: He's a nice boy... sometimes. I'm trying to beat him into shape.

You rolled your eyes while Midnight began to eat on the cookie. Once she was done, she opened the second on and held near your mouth. You sighed and took a bite out of it. You began to feel and taste and flavor and then swallowed.

(Y/N): Yep. Smells and tastes like homemade.

Midnight: Yeah. Great too.

You and Midnight laugh a bit and she keeps feeding you the cookie. Finally, the two of you got home and decided to unwind for the night. The place was a 2 bed, 2 bath type of deal. It was small for sure, having a small kitchen and a little living room, but it was still home. You grabbed a remote and decided to fire up your G-Cube gaming system and see what you couldn't do with it.

Midnight: You playing, or watching?

(Y/N): Wanna watch something?

Midnight: Sure.

Midnight walked around the couch and laid down on top of you. You two began to cycle through different shows you both loved. Finally, the two of you ended off on some old anime that you both were a fan of. The two of you decided just to binge a season for the remainder of the night, stopping at around 1:30 in the morning.

And that point, you were basically passed out and cuddled up to Midnight, having used her like a blanket. Midnight in the meantime, was wide awake, thinking of what Cinder said early that night. When should she tell him? When would be the correct time to tell him. Midnight sighed and finally decided to tell him now. Midnight got up and walked over and made some coffee for herself and you. The smell of coffee was enough to get you to wake up and yawned.

Midnight: (Y/N)?

(Y/N): (Yawns) Damn, Babe. What time is it?

Midnight: It's just a little past 1:30.

(Y/N): Damn. Why the hell are you making coffee? Why not get a beer or something?

Midnight: That's what I wanted to talk to you about. Can you come over here and sit down?

(Y/N): Midnight...is something wrong?

You walked over and sat down at the kitchen table. She took your hand and squeezed it.

Midnight: You still have that job downtown, right? The security consultant?

(Y/N): Yeah, why?

Midnight: (Y/N)...I'm pregnant.

Your eyes widen. You let reality settle in and are in utter shock and awe. You lose all sources of words and just let the gravity of the situation hit you.

(Y/N): H-How?

Midnight: Birthday.

(Y/N): Birth-Oh, crap. Well, what do you want to do with it?

Midnight: I want to keep it. Make it better than me, that's for sure. What about you?

(Y/N): Don't think I have a choice then. And- we have well-paying jobs. And, and-

Midnight silenced you with a kiss. The two of you made out for a little bit and you picked Midnight up and placed her on the table as the two of you continued to kiss.

Midnight: I love you!

(Y/N): I love you too, Babe!

That night made your wife of the most evil things around...a pregnant woman. And it was all so worth it.