Hostage Situation

You and Ace had gotten plenty of information from the interrogation of the gunman. You had learned that there were 15 gunmen plus a leader, a mob boss who had a hell of a rivalry with Akinari and thus struck when Blood Fist had weakened his empire. The hostages were trapped on the top floor with around 10 of the gunman, no one was dead yet, but three were injured. And, somewhere in the building was Midnight herself, running around, trying to take on the gunmen solo. So, you and Ace had infiltrated the hostage building and got ready to go through and find some hostages.

Ace: So, Chief, what's the plan here?

You gestured for him to follow and he does as you both find a small supply closet and got inside. You locked the door behind you and went through your deck.

Ace: I think us and Midnight will be able to take these guys out no problem.

(Y/N): We can, but that's another issue. See, if there was no one in this building besides us and the bad guys, Midnight would have had this entire thing dealt with by now. She's playing it safe and so are we.

You threw a heart down onto the ground and three mice emerged and they all looked at you. You tapped your eyes and they understood and they quickly went into the vents to look for the terrorists.

Ace: So, how do you do that? Is it like, some sort of special side effect of your quirk or-

(Y/N): Basically, I've got a friend who helped me train animals. The hearts act as special portals to take the animals to me and they follow commands.

Ace: Uh. That sounds cool.

(Y/N): Yeah. They find the bad guys for me. You ready?

Ace: Uh, yeah. Wait, what?

Suddenly the door open and standing there was a gunman. He aimed his rifle at you both and yelled out to you.

Gunman: Freeze or I'll-

You quickly threw your Ace of Spades and it hit him in the head. A whip wrapped around the man's neck and pulled him down to the ground. You looked past and saw that Midnight was standing there, some anger in her eyes. She then saw you and dropped all hostilities and looked blankly ahead.

Midnight: Dandy Man?! What the hell are you doing here?!

Ace: Wait, why does she get to swear on mission but I don't?

(Y/N): Shut up. (To Midnight) Hey, Babe. How's it going?

Midnight: Fine. A bit better with the backup now.

(Y/N): Details, go.

Midnight: That makes 5 of those gunmen taken out-

(Y/N): Six. Ace and I got one earlier.

Midnight: Point is, they're sending down in reserves. Equipment is military grade. Explosives, firearms, these guys have to be ex-special forces. Or at least their supplier has to be.

(Y/N): Yeah, I was about to say, no way were these guys special forces. Especially the one we interrogated. Mice are already out in the field. Have you used Somnambulist yet?

Midnight: I don't want to risk it. What if the male hostages also go under. What if there are some female terrorists too. They will fall victim but it will take longer and be less effective.

(Y/N): Good point. I'll take them out then. Ace is going to escort the civilians down to the police. I say go for the gas. I think we should be able to take the rest on. Especially with you having immunity to it.

Midnight: What about you or Ace?

Ace: We can just work things out as we go along!

(Y/N): Exactly! Nice going there, kid. Besides, the mice picked something up.