Day Two

The following day was the official second day of internships. Wanting to make up for the bad first start, you had a set plan for you and your intern to play things relatively safe compared to yesterday. After going through your morning routine and wishing Midnight off and for a good day, you went to your agency and began to work out some plans. Next thing you knew, it was 8 O'Clock in the morning which meant work was about to begin. However, when Ace wasn't showing up, you were a bit worrisome.

After half an hour of wait time, Ace finally got into your office, slowly closed the door, and slowly (trying to be sneaky mind you) walked up to your desk.

(Y/N): I hope you are aware of how late you are?

Ace: Well...time is relative. Besides, weren't you the guy who was passed out for like 12 hours yesterday?

(Y/N): Ok fair point. (You get up and walk opposite Ace) Listen. We're playing today safely. No epic battles, no risky situations. I will admit, you handled it well. But, I cannot have you near that level of danger again. Until you have your license at least. So, today we're be focusing on basic combat training.

Ace: Gotcha.

(Y/N): Alright. Now, going over your file, you use your cards too much, you start to bleed. Not good. So, today we'll be working on that.

Ace: Right!

You smirked and lead you both down to the Danger Room. You had some practice-bots move around to let Ace get some target practice going. He was a helluva shot, able to take down bots with ease. However, after a few minutes of practice, you could see some blood coming from his arms. But you never did say to stop. You wanted to push Ace and see what the kid could really do with his power. You turned around once you heard the door open and smiled at seeing Midnight walk inside.

Midnight: How's he been doing?

(Y/N): Pretty good. Good shot too. Shouldn't you be at work right now?

Midnight: Yes. But at the same time, I do like to see my student's progress every now and then. Is it really a crime. (Whispers to you) Besides, it gives me a chance to see you, you hunk of-

(Y/N): Alright. I'm going to stop you right there.

Midnight giggled a bit and you both turned back to keep watching Ace. After throwing a few more cards, Ace gripped his knees and you could see the blood drip down from his arms.

Ace: I know pros are all about pushing themselves, but could you...give me a minute or two.

(Y/N): If you really want to get a handle on your quirk, you'll need to push yourself. Take me for example, portals and summons lay a huge mental toll on me. So, I had to do good at multitasking and focusing on a single task above all else while in battle. Luckily for me, summons and portals only take a few seconds to open and close.

Ace: Right. Then how am I able to get the bleeding to stop exactly?

Midnight: For the time being, you will just have to keep popping them off. I really can't say anything else.

Ace: Right. Right. (Sighs) Alright.

(Y/N): Listen kiddo. It's going to take time. But luckily we got that time. So, let's keep working at it and keep on chugging.

Ace nodded and you both went back to work. Training was pretty much the norm for the rest of the day. You would run through some practice drills for throwing cards and even some agility courses, mainly trying to improve Ace's already stable abilities. At one point, you summoned the mice again to have Ace try and hit moving targets. You specially told him to directly aim for the mice but try to entrap them and continue to use his quirk. After two tires, needless to say, the third one did not go as planned. Ace simply stated it "Wasn't his fault" type of deal.