Midnight Crossing

You had your standard hero outfit on, trench coat, cowboy hat in all. It honestly made you look like an old-timey gambling man from America. Regardless, you were waiting along the alleyway beside the club and you were looking over the reports about the son of a bitch. Blood Fist, convicted of over 35 homicides, including 14 cops. You sighed before you placed the files back into your coat and pinched the bridge of your nose. You then felt a hand on your shoulder and dragged slowly along your chest. You didn't look up, already having a base idea of what it was.

(Y/N): Piss off. Not interested.

Midnight: Stop assuming it's a hooker.

Your eyes widened a bit as you looked up to see Midnight in casual clothing. You got off of the wall and looked her dead in the face.

(Y/N): About time you were here. I thought I was going to run this alone.

Midnight: Sorry. It takes some time to get ready.

(Y/N): You should be.

Midnight looked at you and playfully slapped your face.

Midnight: Don't be that stubborn. Now come along, we have work to do. And...I'm not sure why you came in costume. It will make you stand out like a sore thumb.

(Y/N): This...this was the nicest thing I owned.

Midnight: Oh...we'll get that fixed later. Deal?

(Y/N): Deal...I guess.

You sighed and walked with her to the main door. While walking up there, Midnight grabbed your arm and wrapped it around her own. You cocked your eyebrow at her and she looked back up at you.

Midnight: Play along. Although it's going to be hard to since you're in uniform.

(Y/N): Oh yeah, keep calling me out for this.

Midnight smirked and continued to walk inside. You both reached the main door, Midnight flashed her security badge and you two walked it. The place was a standard nightclub look, dance floor a few steps below, plenty of tables, a bar and a second floor meant for additional guests. You sighed as you had always hated big crowds, but you couldn't break free of Midnight's grip and she walked to a booth along the corner of the room.

You got a few stares here and there and some people recognized you. You never loved being in the spotlight but it was nice to know that your abilities were able to get you some recognition. Regardless of that, you both sat down at the booth and placed orders for a few drinks. You glanced around, trying to get a feel for the area. Midnight must have noticed and looked around too.

Midnight: Nothing. Not at least I can see.

(Y/N): That's why you don't have more captures. You're not using your eyes to the best of their abilities. Look again. I've seen two other pro heroes, Hawks included. A few more with guns. Body language dictates otherwise on a few. Some are scared.

Midnight: So, those eyes still do work.

(Y/N): For you, Nemuri, they always work.

Midnight looked at you with a bit of surprise yet, slowly morphed it into a smile and winked at you. You rolled your eyes in a bit of annoyance as your drinks were brought over. Midnight took a small swig as you pushed around some of the ice in the drink. She glanced up to you and saw you looking a bit uninterested.

Midnight: Look a bit interested.

(Y/N): Sorry. It's hard to focus on a mach date while hunting down a serial killer.