Chapter 4 : Bonding

Omkara rushed down the lobby of the hotel towards the in house restaurant where the meeting was arranged. He adjusted the collar of his shirt before steeping into the restaurant.

He looked around and was surprised to find his assistant seated on one of the tables. He stormed towards her, "What on earth are you doing here?"

"Being the back up as usual," she replied calmly and then smile looking up at him. "I wasn't expecting you to make it quite honestly."

"At that, I am canceling your next bonus." Omkara muttered looking around. 

"There's still half an hour more for the meeting to start!" She replied answering his unasked question. "Just enough time for you to eat!"

Omkara pulled a chair and sat on it, all the while his eyes focused on Zoya. The woman has started understanding him so well, that it scared him. He looked away silently, contemplating ways to push away her.

His attention was drawn back to her when he rfingers reached the ends of his sleeves to do the buttons that he had left undone in his hurry. He pulled away his hands, rolling up the sleeve of his shirt. "I don't want you to be here for the meeting. You can leave."

Zoya sighed. "You're doing it again." She said softly.

"Doing what?" Omkara snapped.

"Being rude to me. You said you won't repeat it, the last time. Look, Mr. Omkara Oberoi, I understand you have issue sin your personal life. But don't bring your messed yo self into your professional life, please." Saying that she got up.

"Sorry!" Omkara muttered. "Please...sit."

Zoya quietly sat and started working on her laptop. 

Omkara was glad that she ignored him. Because he didn't want to talk to anyone. He was just so tired of everything. He was tired of his life now. What next? Would he always stay in this cycle of rinse and repeat? He looked up at Zoya who was totally engrossed reading something on the screen. She didn't deserve to be treated the way he treated her. 

* * * 

Anika was very self-conscious as she made her way to the dining table. Firstly, the tunic was sleeveless and short. Secondly, she had paired it with a pair of jeggings that appeared like second skin. Shivaay looked up at her as she pulled the chair beside his. Anika passed him a smile making herself comfortable on the chair. Her eyes glanced on his forearm on the table. She remembered the Gauri's so-called golden rule, "Touch- Caress-Kiss-Smile and look him in the eye" She mentally discarded the rule helping herself to the breakfast laid out on the table.

He turned to Gauri who asked him if he slept well.

"Of course, I slept well." He said. Gauri couldn't sense the sarcasm in there very effortlessly.

"Obviously," Gauri muttered under her breath, but loud enough only for him to hear, giving him a teasing smile. Shivaay simply looked at his plate. How were she and Anika even friends? Anika was nothing like Gauri. Anika was shy and reserved when it came to a few things while Gauri was unapologetically cheeky!

"Jiju is taking us out today..." he heard Gauri answer to Pinky. When did that happen? He turned to her with a raised eyebrow.

"Anika is ready so am I. Rudra said he has college!"

 Shivaay turned to Rudra, "you're going to college on a Saturday?"

"Yeah, we have classes on alternate Saturdays!" Rudra answered stuffing the toast into his mouth while Shivaay's gaze lingered on him suspiciously. He raised a brow questioning him in silence, Rudra simply shrugged his shoulders putting up a face that said -nothing-.