Chapter 44 : Hurt & Heal

Letting out a curse Gauri opened the door of the bathroom and peeped outside. She quickly tied the towel around her, took her fresh tunic that was now wet in her hand and skipped outside the washroom, right towards the door of the room. She quickly locked it and sighed. 

She turned around to walk to her cupboard to pick another dress for the day. Her eyes widened, ad the sight of her husband startled her. He was grinning ear to ear standing at the corner of the room. 

"What are you--- when did you come in?" She asked confused. She was sure she had scanned the room before walking out of the room. 

"Well, I am here since you went in to bath." He said sauntering towards her.

"Oh, but I didn't see you..." Gauri muttered wondering how her eyes had missed him. 

"Uh, I was actually picking up the pieces of paper that fell on the floor. You don't like litter around the room, now, do you?" 

"Oh," Gauri now understood how her eyes must have failed to notice him. 

She looked up to find him looking at her as though she was an eye candy. A blush crept up her cheeks. She tried to be her confident self and walked to her cupboard. Take the first thing you get and walk back into the washroom, she kept repeating to herself.

She was about to do exactly that, and walk past Omkara to the washroom. But he had other plans. She didn't know when he had held on to the fresh kurti that she had in her hands. In the next few seconds she was against the closed cupboard guarded by his body.

Just when she was about to open her mouth to protest, his fingers traced down the column of her neck while he looked at her with eyes that seemed to have been soaked in desire. She parted her lios but no words came out.

His lips were fast, they brushed over her cheeks that were now tainted with red hue. Gauri pressed her lips together, evntually rolling the lower one inside and sinking her teeth into it. She loved how his lips lightly brushed over her cheekbones before proceeding down to her jawline. She arched slightly giving his lips the hint to travel down. 

She didn't know when the kurti slipped from between her fingers. Her fingers were now settling in the grooves between his fingers. His hand interlocked with her tiny one. He dragged it up, and soon she found her hand pinned against the cupboard. 

"Om," she gasped when she felt him suck at a spot that made her want him to do still more sinful things. 

Her eyes opened when she felt his other hand loosen the towel around her frame. Before she could react the sky colored towel brushed agaisnt her skin a little falling to the floor and a little over her feet. "Omkara!" She muttered embarrassed standing before his full clothed husband in just two pieces of garment. 

Her eyes met his. She let out an inaudible gasp when she felt his hands caress her scars. 

"It's okay, it's just me, Gauri!" He said softly, his face inching closer to hers. He nuzzled up agaisnt her cheek. His fingers gently tracing her scars. 

Gauri couldn't keep looking into his eyes any longer. She close dher eyes, feeling his touch. The moment no longer felt hot or sexy. It was definitely intimate. But in a slightly different way. Gauri could slowly feel her fears being released one at a time, like birds caged for a lifetime. 

She leaned closer to him, loving the warmth. One, and then the next minute passed, until he carried her in his arms to the bed. Gauri's eyes opened hesitantly. She looked up to find him reach out to kiss those ugly looking marks. She remembered the time he would leave his own blemished behind on her skin. And now, he was patiently and gently kissing those scars. Tears blurred her vision.