Chapter 29 : Distracted Hearts

Tej and Jhanvi had arrived early Saturday morning. There was a lot of chatter at the breakfast table. Jaanvi was talking to Anika. Tej was busy talking to Shakti and Pinky, the topic was Rudra's carelessness. While Rudra was complaining and seeking Omkara's support. Shivaay and Anika sat in silence stealing glances at each other.

Omkara had called Gauri to let her know he wouldn't make it for the session as he was asked to be home for family time. Omkara was a little disheartened that she had blandly said 'okay'. 

Since last night he had been thinking about her. Their situation was messed up. It was like for every little step they took ahead, they were pulled back a mile by the past. Omkara looked up hearing Rudra's upbeat exclamation. His brother was arranging some family game.

"Bhaiya, you're on time!" Rudra spoke excitedly. "Come on sit next to Bhabhi!" He spoke waving rolled sheets in the air pointing to Anika.

Omkara shook his head, "More like, you have awful timing and you are stuck in Rudy's stupid game."

"Hey, O, it's not stupid!" Rudra argued irked.

Pinky chuckled, "Well Ru, it is stupid to him because he doesn't get to participate." Omkara rolled his eyes at that.

Tej chuckled, "Pinky is right!"

"Dad!" Omkara whined.

"I told you Omkara, my offer is still open. I am a pro at using the matrimonial websites. See, I found such a gem!" Pinky smiled proudly looking at Anika.

Omkara forced a smile. No way, no more arranged marriage dates for him. "Please, I don't want an arranged marriage, for God's sake!" Omkara muttered.

"So do you have anybody in mind?" Jaanvi quizzed smiling at him.

"No," he murmured quietly, shifting his gaze to Shivaay and Anika who watched him carefully. "Rudra, what about those sheets?" Omkara asked to deviate everyone's attention off him.

"Oh okay, this. So since I was jobless I made this compatibility test for couples. Let's see who is the power couple at home!" He said excitedly looking at all of them. "This sheet has same questions that you're supposed to answer about yourself and then in the lower blank, about your partner. No cheating! So here we start Round one!"

Everyone silently paid attention to Rudra. He stared at them dumbfounded. "Om, I need you to be my assistant I can't limp around."

"Great!" Omkara muttered sarcastically. He got off the sofa and took the sheets, the paper board, and pens.

"Wait, Jeth Ji and Bhabhi are sitting next to each other, what if they cheat!" Pinky raised her concern causing Omkara to let out a sigh.

"Are you serious Pinky?" Jaanvi rolled her eyes while Tej laughed.

"Okay, Pinky. Come on Shivaay, switch positions."

A brief silence fell once the six people started filling the forms. Omkara took a spare one and started going through it.

"O, it's meant for couples." Rudra said to him.

"I thought let me see how compatible I am with myself," Omkara exclaimed sarcastically. His eyes went back to the paper and he smiled. He was sure he'd get a hundred or at least a ninety percent if Gauri was to verify his answers about her.

"Okay one minute left!" Rudra warned.

"Thirty seconds!"

"Okay, time's up." Rudra announced. But they all kept writing.