Chapter 17 : Help

Gauri drew the curtains aside letting the light into the room. She tied up her hair glancing down at the park where she could see kids playing. Humming one of her favorites, Dildaara she went about the room organizing it. She fluffed the cushions placing them neatly on the couch. Placed the templates on the rack. Walking upto the desk that stood aside in the room, she flipped the calendar's sheet and placed it back on the desk. 

She still had some time to herself before her first appointment for the day. She decided to orderly stack her favorite fiction books that still lay in one of the brown cardboard boxes. 

She was walking across the room to the shelf when a movement at the door made her pause and look at the door.

"Hi!"

Gauri stood still her eyes meeting his brandy brown ones. She was seeing him after some five days. He looked much more easy on the eye. The unkempt dense beard was replaced by a five'o clock shadow. He glanced aside taking in the room. Unlike the last time she saw him, his hair was restrained back, pulled into a man bun. He was dressed in a mandrin collared blue shirt and black trousers. 

"Gauri!" He called to get her attention. 

He was hesitant and nervous about talking to her again. Ever since the night she came for him, took care of him and left only after he slept, Omkara had been in constant chaos. 

Shivaay just wouldn't stop telling him to go see her. He had also learned from Shivaay that she had also suggested him to take up counseling. Since that night Shivaay had been seriously pushing him to get hold of his life.

But the last nail in the coffin was her message. Zoya had told him that she had given his personal number to her that night. Omkara was a little surprised when Zoya referred to Gauri as his therapist. It was later that Shivaay had clarified about how Gauri hadn't corrected Zoya's assumption.

The message Gauri had sent him the following day read -

You need to let someone help you. It's not right on your part to become the center of your brother's life. Jiju is very worried for you. I think he deserves some happy time too. Seek help.

Finally, Omkara had decided that he would do what she asked him to. But there was only one person who could help him. The same woman who stood before him dressed in a simple olive colored kurti paired with black plazos.

"Why are you here?" Gauri asked looking aside briefly. She had managed just fine after that night. But seeing him again started bothering her.

Omkara took a step in and gently shut the door, taking a deep breath he turned around to face her again. "You asked me to seek help."

Gauri looked at him, "why are you here?" she repeated.

"To seek help!" He answered taking two steps to reach the couch. 

"Omkara," Gauri said sharply pausing monetarily. She should feel with him in a cool manner that would be best for both of them. Gauri continued, "coming here isn't going to help you. I am not going to help you. Just see some therapist and get your life sorted."

"Isn't that what you do here?" Omkara asked softly looking straight at her eyes. His eyes briefly flickering to the strands of her hair that were entangle with the very tiny chunks she wore. 

Gauri took a deep breath. Somehow he managed to boil up her blood every damn time. "Fine. Go to the next room!" She answered folding her arms defensively. Trying to give his mind the signal that she wasn't interested to talk any further.

"It may be awkward. She's um, Anika's mom and my brother's mother-in-law."

Gauri closed her eyes and then looked at him sharply, "There's conflict of interest here as well. I can't deal with you. I mean, I can't...help you. Please leave."