Chapter 32 : Unbidden

Pinky had requested Omkara to go drop Gauri and Mrs. Talwar as they wouldn't accept staying over for the night. Shivaay was inseparable from Anika and it was understandable. The two were having a good time. Omkara agreed to drop the two guests home.

There was very little, close to nothing, conversation station that took place. Mrs. Talwar had opted to sit on the passenger seat in the front. Omkara's gaze chased Gauri's but she refused to meet his eyes, after that brief new year greeting.  

Gauri had a weak moment in there. Only God knows, how she kept from hugging him. Seeing Omkara again after so long was overwhelming. But more than that it was the void that she saw in his eyes that concerned her. Maybe she was reading too much. Maybe it was her longing for him that made her think all that. But there was something about Omkara that troubled her. She just wanted to be there for him. 

Throughout the drive old songs played on the radio, the breeze blew against her face. For the first time she felt she needed someone, a soulmate, a partner perhaps. Maybe it was witnessing the endearing moment between Anika and Shivaay that had triggered her thoughts.

 What would she and Omkara be if they never parted? Perhaps a loving couple with a kid or kids. The mere picture of having a family, adorable kids, a loving husband, made Gauri's heart warm. She finally looked up at the rear view mirror. She could sense that Omkara was  stealing glances at her. His eyes were on the road however.

Gauri turned her face to the window, hoping the whispering breeze held answers to her confusions and courage. 

"Zindagi Khwaab Hai..." played on the radio. Gauri could hear Mrs. Twar hum to the tune. But it was the lyrics that caught Gauri's attention.

Dil Ne Humse Jo Kaha

Hum Ne Waisa Hi Kiya

Phir Kabhi Furasat Se Sochenge

Boora Tha Ya Bhala

Zindagi Khwab Hai

It was ironical how the people who always had their hearts wide open were the ones to be hurt, Gauri thought to herself. Choices and decisions are the two worst things in life. They always make you regret in one way or another. 

Gauri was exhausted after the day but she didn't want to step out of the car and go home to her bed. However, she stepped out of the car, standing close to Mrs. Talwar. The night was pretty cold. 

"Good night!" Omkara wished like a gentleman looking at Mrs. Talwar and finally at her. Their gazes intertwined. Gauri had to put a lot of effort to tear the gaze away, turn and follow Mrs. Talwar's trail.

 They were climbing up the perron when Gauri heard her Maasi say, "It's never too late, Gauri. And, no time is the wrong time."

Gauri stared into her eyes. The woman never failed to amaze her. She could always read her soul. Gauri glanced back to find Omkara slowly making his way around the car. With uncertainty pooling in her eyes, she looked at Mrs. Talwar.

"Take the leap of faith, Gauri. Trust in God, if not on anybody else. Do what your heart tells you and leave everything to God." 

That was all Gauir wanted to hear. That it was okay to run back to him, after everything. She sprinted like her life depended on it. She hurriedly shifted the metal door and ran around the car to the other side. Omkara turned around startled.

Without a warning Gauri ran right into him. With her cheek pressed against his chest and her slender arms around his torso. She took deep breaths catching her breath.

Unsteady | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें