Chapter 23 : Falling Again

"Hello,"

"Yes," Gauri answered what need had come that Omkara had to call an hour before the session.

"I can't make it today."

Gauri stopped fiddling with the pen that was clasped between her fingers. "Okay, so what's the excuse this time?"

"Uh, I have to meet someone." Omkara answered.

"Can I get you secretary to confirm that?"

"Gauri, I am not avoiding. I will come in a little late if that's okay.,"

"Fine, by what time can you make it?"

Omkara smiled, "Uh five...thirty to be on the safe side?"

"Okay!"

Omkara sighed and walked inside the mansion, to the kitchen. "Choti Maa, like I said I am going to meet this girl over coffee if I don't like her, you will not push me."

"I know the drill, Omkie! Now go get dressed and tie that hair into a bun. And maybe you can shave a little or trim as you guys call it?"

Omkara rolled her eyes and made his way to the room without responding to her. He groaned seeing Rudra in his room. 

"I can't believe you are going to see a girl for an arranged marriage. This should be like... the headline in tomorrow's newspaper."

"I am only doing this for Choti Maa. I am going to walk in and have a cup of coffee and say no. Easy!" Omkara tried to brush it off as if it was as easy as just breathing.

Rudra chuckled, "I was just thinking, if by chance you end up getting married, how many hearts you are going to break."

"I am not getting married." Omkara asserted.

Rudra looked at him, "are you afraid of commitment or something?"

"What! No. Anyway can you get out I need to get ready."

"Oo, someone seems all excited." Rudra grinned and then said, "Go to the washroom and change."

Omkara rolled his eyes and decided to stop wasting time arguing with Rudra.

"Looking dashing bro. I bet you're excited." Rudra complimented Omkaa once he had tied his hair into a bun.

Omkara sighed, "Shut up, Ru! I am wearing regular clothes."

"O! Don't spoil the vibe. Now turn and give me a pose."

"Not interested."

"Don't be a girl, bro! Just turn and I will take a pic to send to Bhaiya."

"No." Cane Omkara's adamant reply.

"Fine, then. I will tell Choti Maa to make you pose." Saying that Rudra started walking to the door.

 Omkara grabbed his brother's arm and pulled him back, knowing Rudra had the full potential to actually involve their dear Choti Maa into this petty matter. "Just one pic!"

"That's being my bro!" Saying that Rudra clicked more than one picture asking Omkara to pose properly.

Omkara arrived at cafe a few minutes after the clock had struck four. He looked around and called the number Choti Maa had give him. "Hello, Poorvi?"

"Hi, uh Om?"

"Yeah, Omkara here. I am at the cafe, at the entrance." He spoke looking around.

"Omkara!" He heard not just from his phone and looked in the direction of the sound. He made his way to the tabke where the girl was waving.