Chapter 3 : A Sweet Tsunami

"Gauri, here's a towel, brush, soap, shampoo. You take a shower I will go change too." Anika said, laying out all the necessities on the bed for her.

Gauri smiled, eyeing Anika. "God, you give me married women feels. Anyway, where is Jiju?" She asked.

Anika looked up at her smiling. "Must be busy with some business call."

"So boring! He definitely gets negative points for not welcoming me!" Gauri mumbled unzipping her luggage.

Anika giggled. "Wear something decent and be downstairs for dinner!"

"What do you mean by wear something decent! Not that I plan to wear a bikini," Gauri chuckled.

Anika shook her head. "Don't you think Masters has given you even bigger wings and still bolder mouth?"

"Do you like it, baby?" Gauri asked grinning smugly. She loved how Anika got easily flustered with all the cheesy, girly and bold talk.

"What did you do to my Gauri?" Anika asked shaking her head.

"Your Gauri is still here!" Gauri spoke jumping off the bed to hug Anika.

"I missed you!" Anika muttered hugging her tightly.

"I know madam," Gauri spoke pulling away, looking at her.

"What?" Anika asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing! I just can't believe I am back here. Feels like home." Gauri sighed giving her another squeeze hug. 

Anika smiled giving her hand a light squeeze. "Freshen up!"

* * *

Gauri walked down the corridor talking to Mrs Talwar, Anika's sweet mother, who she fondly addressed as Mother India. That name was totally apt for her. Gauri would never be enough thankful for what Mrs. Talwar had done for her. She was no less than a mother for her. "Yes, Mother India the flight was good. No, we haven't had dinner, I am just waiting for your darling daughter. Nah, haven't met Jiju yet." 

"Finally, Anika!" Gauri's voice made the couple look towards the other end of the passageway.

"Talk to you later, Mother India. Love you and take care!" Gauri said quickly ending the call, looking forward to meet the man who had managed to swipe Anika off her feet.

Gauri walked forward her eyes drifting momentarily to notice the almost zero gap between them. She smiled, noticing their hands brushing a stegy walked down the corridor.  Seemingly it wasn't a one sided case of being doomed.

Gauri's sharp gaze noticed how Anika became conscious stepping ahead quickly holding Gauri's hand for no apparent reason and pulling her closer. "Gauri this is.."

Gauri smiled. "Your sweetheart husband!" Gauri completed grinning taking in the appearance of the man who passed her a formal smile.

Anika's cheeks went pink at Gauri's phrase, however, she distracted herself from it, looking at Shivaay she spoke, "Meet Gauri!"

"Hi!" Shivaay acknowledged.

"Hello Jiju, you've already got negative points. One for not waiting for me to arrive to witness your wedding. Two, for not welcoming me."

"Oh!" Shivaay muttered amusingly. "Is that a bad thing?"

"Very bad!" Gauri told him putting up a serious expression.

"How do I make it up then?" He asked evidently amused.

"Well, we'll find a way. But, right now I think I need food to function normally." Gauri said glancing at Anika.