Chapter 40 : Of Love

Zoya was getting exasperated with Omkara's frequent glance at her. He had tried talking about something but then decided otherwise and busied himself in work. 

She hadn't expected Omkara's marriage to affect her as it did. It was stupid, really. Omkara was her boss. She hadn't realized whe working around him, taking care of his work in his absence had transformed into taking his responsibility in her hands and taking care of him when he needed her. 

She had been running from her feelings for him. He didn't even notice how invested she was in him, personally. She was astounded to learn that he was marrying. It was a big deal. She knew what kind of man Omkara was. She took care of sending materialistic gifts to many women when he asked her too, although months back. A part of her had started believing that he had also started feeling the connection she felt with, she took that to be the reason why he suddenly stopped his casanova ways. 

Gauri was a beautiful lady. Zoya hadn't expected her to be the one. Yes, she did feel envious of Gauri. However, she knew her reason wouldn't stand against Omkara's love. It was difficult, but she was trying to get over the fact that she loved Omkara and realized it too late. Maybe that was a half lie. A part of he knew that she liked Omkara a lot. She felt special  he made her feel that way. He listened to her. He spoke to her normally, unlike with other staff. She knew his family. His Choti Maa called her to take updates about his well being. It all had to mean that she was special right? 

And then there were those fleeting moments. Like when he would place his hand on her shoulder to get her attention. Like when he would ask her to go home when he found her extremely exhausted with work. Or the time he would offer to drop her if they worked late. She had put up a wall around her heart, admitted. But she expected him to bring it down and make he realise she wasn't wrong in having feelings for him.

Now, all that Zoya felt was regret of not having the guts to pursue her feelings. She felt terrible every time Omkara smiled while talking about Gauri. She was trying her best to purge out the remnant of the feelings she felt for him.

"Zoya,"

She looked up to find him standing beside her desk.

"In my office now!" Saying that he marched back into his office

With a sigh, Zoya followed him. Men were stupid when it came to understanding women's feelings. That statement was true. Omkara had been asking her if she needed any monetary help for her father's healthcare,  trying to figure out why she was not her usual self. She didn't know how to tell him that her father was okay, and that she had just made up that excuse to avoid attending his wedding celebrations. 

Entering his office room, Zoya began, "I have called.."

"Zoya!" He said cutting her short. 

She looked at him, concerned. "Everything okay?"

"Yes, everything is okay. I need to talk to you."

"Okay, is it the Abdullah's case?" She asked sitting on the chair taking his cue.

"No, it's about you, " he said softly. Zoya observed as he kept aisde the paper he was sketching something on. 

"I am okay!" She said even before he began.

"No, you're not. You've been acting strangely in the past few weeks. Mind telling me what is it?"

"It's just ...you know work and other things. I am fine, I will be fine."

"Is it about me?" He said softly looking into her eyes. She let out a sigh. That look was all she wanted. To have his attention, to have his concern.