Chapter 2 : Meet Her

* few months later *

Omkara was seriously worried for his brother Shivaay. Up until now Omkara was confident that no girl could have his brother Shivaay wrapped around her finger. However, his fiancee, Anika was having some visible effect on his brother. Omkara was flipping through a magazine killing time waiting for Shivaay to come back from Goa. He and Anika had gone down to Gia to finalize their wedding venue. When Shivaay entered and made his way to the room quite lost in his thoughts, Omkara huffed and followed his brother's trail. He really needed to know hat was up with his brother.

"Shivaay, I am definitely sure something happened! Did you guys get laid?" Omkara blustered entering Shivaay's room, vocalizing his doubts.

Shivaay sighed turning around to face his brother. "No, we did not. We stayed in separate rooms FYI. Nothing happened."

Omkara looked closely. The way Shivaay'slips naturally settled into a faint smile and his eyes shined, somethinghad definitely happened  "I am not buying that. It's written all over your face!"

Shivaay squinted his eyes and drew his eyebrows upwards, "Exactly what is written?" 

"That thing..."Omkara said while thinking of the right words. "that thing when a man is satisfied." He said for the lack of better words.

Shivaay's features contoured to express distaste. "Like seriously, satisfied?"

Omkara nodded seating himself on his brother's bed. "Something like that. I can't put it into words. But you definitely had that written on your face. And...." he looked at his brother grinning ear to ear. 

Shivaay folded his hands waiting for Omkara to continue.

A genuine smile drew itself on Omkara's face, "And, you seem happy!" Realization hit Omkara, Shivaay was falling for Anika. It explained the random and frequent smiles. 

Omkara sat up tensed, his smile fading. Love came with a lot of pain. He didn't want his brother to go through that terrible pain. "Shivaay, don't you dare say it's love. Love equals doomed." 

Shivaay frowned meeting his brother's serious eyes. "You're saying as though you have experienced it yourself. And, honestly, I don't know what it is. But you're right, she makes me-- happy." He shrugged with his lips curving to a heartfelt smile.

Omkara looked at him solemnly, "Shivaay, you've barely known her. It's just an infatuation, you're attracted to her. Trust me once the two of you get laid. This 'she makes me happy' will go out of the window. Look, I am just worried about you. Anika is nice, granted. You like her, great. But, I don't understand, where does marriage come in. You both are young, it's..."

Shivaay cut him off, saying, "Om. Not again. We've argued about this before. And every damn time it leads to nowhere. You get to make your choice and I get make mine. I choose to marry Anika. You choose to not commit to a relationship. I respect your choice."

"Fine!" Omkara threw his hands up in defeat getting on his feet. It was a though Shivaay was holding up a cracked mirror before his face. Omkara didn't want to argue any further. Shivaay could think whatever he wanted.

"Om!" Shivaay called, as Omkara neared the door to his room.

"Yes, Sir?" Omkara turned to look at Shivaay, who stood roughly four feet away.

"Is it still too early for you to tell me about that girl who made you like this?" Shivaay looked deeply into his brother's eyes.

Omkara's heart skipped a beat but his lips drew into an amused smile. "Shivaay, I don't understand why you think a girl made me like this! I have told you before and I repeat, I've never been serious about any girl. No girl can ever change me." Can words you say become your truth?