Christmas Day

Author's note: I retooled this to where it's a multi-character POV chapter. 

Music for this chapter: This Season Is Among Us by Dropkick Murphys

****

Casey's POV

I wake up feeling like rubbish because of what happened with Katie. How the fuck can she even say those things. She makes it seem like I'm selfish. Um, no. Also how the hell did I know my mom and sister were going to die like that?!

I get up and throw on some clothes to walk out to the living room to find Rob on FaceTime talking to his parents in London. I can't help but smile at the moment.

"So how's Casey holding up," I hear his mom ask. 

"Casey's fine," he tells her as I walk by. "Still a little depressed but she's holding up." 

"That's good. Tell her we said hello." 

 He then sees me from the corner of his eye and waves me over. "Well, you're in luck, she just woke up."

 I make my way over towards the couch. "Hey," I say to them. "Merry Christmas." 

"Merry Christmas, Casey," they both say at the same time.  

"Thanks for the ornament...I love it."

"I'm so glad," Clare tells me. "I saw it and I thought it would be lovely." I already told you that my daughters were behind the Snoopy but if you want to know whose bright idea was the corny souvenir shop trinkets, look no further than this guy," she says to me as she pokes her husband in the ribs.

"Casey, I'm guilty as charged," Richard tells me. 

I laugh at his remark saying, "Well, you should know I love cornball stuff." 

"That's what Rob told me," he says. 

I laugh again before telling them how much I loved what they did. "Besides, I love that you all thought of me. Well, I'll let you get back to talking to your son but thanks again and Merry Christmas."  

"Bye Casey," they both say to me.

I then turn to Rob. "I'm going to go make some coffee." "I already put a pot on," he tells me. "Also, call Shane because he said about coming over for breakfast." 

I go to get of coffee and I'm about to call Shane when Katie texts me.

I'm about ready to call Shane and Katie calls. "It's Christmas, can you bring this up after New Year's?"

"Casey, you're being extremely childish."

"No, you are. Katie, I told you at the wake that you had a chance to have that job! You had some talent and you had the opportunity. And truth is once Rob found out that you had to leave because of your dad, he was going to go to bat for you. He told me that a few months ago. He said that he saw the photos you did with other models and wasn't impressed but with mine, he was beyond impressed but knew that you had potential so he asked Natalie to have you work on another campaign but she told him that it wasn't possible. You screwed this one up, Katie. Now I don't want to hear another word until you apologize."