The Heartbreak of Casey Kelly

It's a multi-person POV chapter again!

Music for this chapter: Dreamville by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

Casey's POV

Why won't my phone stop ringing!? I can't talk to anyone. I'm too broken. Cheyanne is dead? She was more than my sister...she was a best friend. 

We had plans to travel this summer. Rob was going to show us around London and we were going to go to Stonehenge followed by visiting a couple of our cousins in Ireland and since I'm fluent in Italian, we were going to go to Rome and maybe go check out the Vatican. But now that's all a dream.

The phone keeps ringing and I take it with me upstairs and curl up into the armchair to cry. 

Shane's POV

I tried calling Casey but no answer. Dad said she's not taking this too well and she's also insisting on staying at the house by herself instead of being with one of us. 

She and Cheyanne were always close. When our sister had addiction issues, Casey was the one who got her to get treatment and she would visit Cheyanne in rehab all the time. When she got out, Casey had Cheyanne living with her for a while and Casey encouraged her to go back to school for her nursing degree. After Cheyanne's divorce, she moved in with my parents and she got her job at Capital. 

She and Casey still stayed close and Cheyanne was the one who told her to go to Rider since my sister didn't feel like going to Moore was the best experience and she could do a hell of a lot more than what she was doing. She drove Casey to the train station that day to go to New York and when we found out about Casey's new friend, it was Cheyanne who grilled Rob first. 

So to say my sister is heartbroken is an understatement. Cheyanne and Casey were planning a trip to England this summer. They were going to get Rob to show them London and probably go to Stonehenge. They also talked about going to Ireland since our dad lived there at one point but now it's gone and Casey's heartbroken.

I'm about to drive to Casey's house when my phone rings. I look down and see it's Rob calling.

"Hey, what's up," I say to him.

"Shane, I can't get a hold of Casey. Is she okay?"

"I was just about to check. Where are you?"

"Pearson Airport in Toronto. I'm flying to Philadelphia and I was calling her to let her know."

"When does your flight get here?"

"Should be in Philadelphia in about an hour and a half. I'm getting on the plane right now."

"I'll pick you up. Text me your flight information." 

While I'm getting gas, I get a text from Rob.

Guess everything with Casey is going to have to wait

Guess everything with Casey is going to have to wait. I start the drive to Philadelphia International Airport and go to pick up the only one person I know that can reach Casey, her English best friend.