The Semi-Crazy Life of Casey Kelly

Author's note: I have changed this to where there's going to be a couple of chapters in multi-person POV as well as the POV of other characters. Look for the notes on the top regarding that.

📸📷🎬

Well, this is the beginning of our story. Allow me to introduce myself: My name is Casey Loralei Kelly. I have had the nickname Mighty Casey since I was a baby on account of being born six weeks prematurely and beating the odds. You can call me that if you like, but please...call me Casey.

What do I do, you ask? I'm a photographer turned filmmaker. Fate put me in one very sweet position since I am now running a production company and my business partner? I met him in one of the most unique ways which still baffles the mind and makes people think, "Damn, you're lucky." I don't know if it's because of where I came from or because of the fact that he's had some fame before meeting me but I know when I tell people the story, they are blown away.

Before we get into that, let me give you a little background on me. I was born in Marlton, New Jersey and raised in Delanco. My family moved to Bucks County, PA when I was about 12. It lasted only a short time due to some family issues. At 14 we moved to back to New Jersey and I would graduate from Riverside High School as the valedictorian. I also took part in a gifted program so by the time I graduated, I had an Associate's in Communication from Rowan College of Burlington County and a BFA from Moore College of Art. I recently went back for a BA in Public Relations from Rider University and I'm about to get my Master's in Business Communication from the same school.

My best friend is Katie Winslow who I met while I was a student at Moore She's a photographer too and she works with some interesting clients. We had to claw our way to where we were while some like this one girl Maddie Dawson got all the breaks. Maddie is now teaching at Drexel after years of success doing some high class photo shoots and working with big name stars like Josh Groban and whomever that guy who played Thor is. It pisses me off to no end. Okay, so I had some gallery exhibitions in my teens but to be honest, it was nothing compared to what Maddie had and I was really the prodigy who went unnoticed...sort of.

I live in a nice house not too far from my parents, my brother Shane, and my sister Cheyenne. I love them but sometimes they drive me nuts. Shane is a lawyer in Philadelphia who just passed the New Jersey Bar and my sister Cheyenne is a nurse at Capital Health. My dad runs his own construction business, Kelly Brothers with my uncle Colin and as for Mom? She's worked in education. Okay, Mom's a retired schoolteacher and my dad's company is worth a ton of money. Also while I'm an heiress technically, I'm kind of down to earth since my parents didn't raise us like most wealthy kids.

So as I said, this story is about my big break and the great adventure I had afterwards. It all begins like most stories do, with a phone call because Katie was in a huge bind with a photoshoot for Christian Dior. I took her up on her offer not knowing what was next but fate would step in and I would meet one very charming Englishman and my world would never be the same.

******

It's a typical Monday afternoon and I just got done work. I'm finishing up some video editing from when I went with my on again/off again boyfriend and filming partner Jaden on an urbex adventure in some woods near Philadelphia. I'm just about to upload it to our YouTube channel when I get a text from my friend Katie.

"Casey, please help me!" the frantic text from Katie screams.

"She better not have found herself with another cheating boyfriend," I say as I begin to dial her number.