The Semi-Charmed Life of Robert Pattinson

Author's Note: I thought I'd set up the moments leading up to the Dior shoot where our two main characters meet. This chapter will provide some interesting plot points in a couple future parts of the Somewhere Under Heaven series. 

📸📸📸📸📸

My career is going quite well for a guy who everyone thought more as just that sparkly vampire from Twilight. I branched out in the last few years and garnered success to the point where I have filmmakers knocking at my door either to star in a movie or produce it. To say life is good for the kid from London that no one thought could get past being the fantasy of teenage girls is an understatement.

But even I know that a little rain is going to fall every now and then and not just because I'm from London. The little rain that will fall in my case all starts when I get back to LA from some work in Asia.

I spent three months in Vietnam doing a movie which I will admit was nice because I got to see things I never saw before since during my downtime I would explore the region but I won't lie it was brutal. First it can get rather hot. I'm talking 91 degrees hot with humidity which for someone who grew up in an area that gets more rain and cold days, that might be a change but it was brutal. The only thing I can say though is after one of those rainstorms, it was much cooler so I'm not going to complain.

A month into production, I got sick with food poisoning. I don't recommend it because I swear, it felt like I was going to die. They say healthcare in Vietnam is not as good as it is in some places, however, I was rather lucky because I was near a couple of the major cities so we found a hospital that had doctors who were of the same caliber of those in the US and Europe. I survived of course but yeah, that was one very nasty week. 

Two weeks later, I was filming a scene and had a fall when I was walking through some uneven pieces of land. I was fine except for a few cuts and bruises and I did end up with a very bad ankle sprain. Considering the fact that I've had worse, this is probably not too bad. Beats the hell out of food poisoning, that's for sure.

I was going to go spend a few days in Thailand after filming but I found out from my sister, Victoria that our mum had surgery so I flew home to London after filming to see her. While in London, I called my fiancee, Monica back in LA to tell her I would be home by Sunday but she never answered. I don't know what it is but she's been ghosting me for the last couple of months. I tried calling and emailing her every day while I was in Vietnam but she never answered the phone or the messages. Does she not remember we're getting married in six months? Why is she ghosting me?

I get home three days earlier than I thought. I'm in the car on the way home and I try her again. Got her voicemail once more and I leave a message saying I just landed at LAX and I'll see her in an hour. I get home, walk in, and the house looks empty. I'm walking to the kitchen since my assistant told me she left every piece of mail and package that I need to look at on the center island there when I hear a noise coming from my bedroom. 

I walk up the hall and the noise is getting louder. "Monica," I call out.  Nothing. 

The noise is getting louder and it sounds like someone's having a good time. I notice my bedroom door is wide open and I look in to find Monica in bed with another guy. I decide not to walk in just yet because something tells me this guy didn't know that she was engaged and this was her fiancé's house. I could be wrong but I want to confront Monica without this asshole around.

I leave my bags in a guest room and go into the kitchen to not only look at what my assistant left for me but also to get a cup of coffee. I can hear them giggling as they walk out into the hallway and I walk out to see her go to kiss him and then it dawns on me who this kid is and I'm not liking this one bit. I keep looking at him and I see his face and it seems that this guy knew she was taken because it seems Monica is cheating on me with the pool boy. Bloody hell!