⁽ ¹⁷ ⁾ "𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗋𝖽 𝖣𝖺𝗒"

A/N: Hello,readers! Another chapter is here! Enjoy!

edited on march 22nd, 2021 @ 8:43pm

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - THE THIRD DAY

HIDEAKI WOKE UP THE NEXT day in a bad mood. "Today, Tōru and Hajime are going up against Ushijima and Shiratorizawa. I wish I was with them through it." He thought as he got up and put his school uniform on. "I know we left on good terms and no bad blood was shared. But I still can't help but be angry that I lost against them both."

Hideaki looked over to his black and orange jersey that was hanging on his closet door knob. "To think that our match against Aoba Johsai might've been my last." Hideaki thinks to himself. "Would Daichi really want to send us to retirement early and let the second and first-years take the mantle a little earlier?"

The hawk-eyed male picked up his phone and opened Oikawa's contact. He thought about it before sending him a message.

Aki-chan:
> Good luck against Shiratorizawa, Tōru. Tell Hajime I said the same. Win for me.

Tōru 💙:
Thanks, Aki-chan. I'll keep you posted on if we win 💙 <

Hideaki smiled as he placed his phone in his pocket. He grabbed his school bag and headed out of his apartment.

Hideaki arrived at school as he walked through the third year hallway with his head low. Nobody went up to question him. He figured that they must've heard the news about their lost in the Inter-High.

He walked into class 3-5, thankful that he didn't have Daichi, Sugawara, or Asahi in his class. He wasn't sure if he could face them.

Hideaki looked in his bag which was opened. His black volleyball jacket was inside. He quickly zipped up his bag, not wanting to look at it.

During lunch, Hideaki leaned his head on his desk, remembering the sound of the ball dropping onto the court.

Hideaki met up with Daichi, Sugawara and Asahi. "I think it's best that we back out here." Daichi began.

Asahi looked at him with shock. "Huh?" He said.

"I wanted all of us third-years to be able to compete in the spring tournament, so I wanted us to hang in there until then and go to Tokyo to fight. But..." Daichi continued as he paused.

"After watching the first and second-years, I think it might be better to hand the club over to them." Daichi said. "Their futures are so full of promise, that it might be better to let them start as the mainstays of a new team. That way, the team will—"

Sugawara was about to say something, but Hideaki beat him to it. "And you're so full of shit, Daichi." He interrupted, Asahi and Sugawara looked at him with shock. "Tell me, do you really mean that? Because that sounds to me like you're giving up and taking the cowardly way out, and believe me, I know what that looks like."

Hideaki walked closer to Daichi. "If you already made your decision, I won't object." Hideaki continued.

"I'm not running away anymore. Taking the cowardly way out isn't an option, Daichi. We're third-years now, I don't want our time on the court to end here. I say we stay on the team for the Spring High. We're not gonna let the second and first-years down." Hideaki ranted on.

"I'm staying, as well as Suga and Asahi." Hideaki said with the two nodding at his words. "We're putting this loss behind us and coming back stronger in the Spring. We'll have our revenge against Tōru and Aoba Johsai."