⁽ ²¹ ⁾ "𝖢𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖠𝖼𝖾"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on july 24th, 2021 @ 7:43am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE - CENTER ACE

IT WAS A LONG DRIVE from Miyagi to Tokyo, but the Karasuno volleyball team eventually made it. Excluding Hinata and Kageyama since the duo had to stay back to do their supplementary exams. Hideaki felt bad about leaving them behind, but it couldn't be helped.

When Hideaki exited the bus with everyone else, Nishinoya and Tanaka quickly looked up to see a transmission tower, to which they mistook it for something else entirely different.

"Is that..."

"Could that be..."

"The Skytree?"

Hideaki snorted at his two juniors, since it was clearly not the Skytree. "No, that's just a transmission tower." Kai Nobuyuki, Nekoma's vice captain, had corrected with a sheepish but amused look.

Kuroo, who was beside his teammate, had turned away and hunched over a bit, while grabbing his stomach and letting out a hyena-like laugh.

"Here we are, Tokyo!" Nishinoya and Tanaka shouted. Hideaki could feel a headache coming on. "Could you two be any louder?" Hideaki mumbled.

"The scenery's different from Miyagi." Hideaki heard Asahi comment, as he looked around with Sugawara at his side.

"Well, we're in the suburbs." Sugawara informed with a smile, as Hideaki noticed behind the two third-years to see Nishinoya was pushing Tsukishima around with Yamaguchi tiredly following.

"Walk faster!" Nishinoya ordered as Tsukishima had a look of annoyance.

Hideaki blinked at the two, before sighing in disappointment. "Hey, darlin'." A familiar voice spoke, making the hawk-eyed male cringe and look to his side to see Kuroo hovering over me.

"Didn't I tell you not to call me that?" Hideaki questioned, deadpanning at the Nekoma captain who chuckled.

"But it fits you." He teased, wrapping his arm around his shoulder and pulling him close to his chest.

"Let go of me." Hideaki hissed, not liking the male invading his personal space.

"Hmm... no. Why should I?" He said, gripping him tighter making Hideaki groan. "Say, will you join my school yet? I want you with Nekoma. Don't you think being a cat suits your personality more than a crow?"

"I already told you I'm staying with Karasuno."

"You can still change your mind though."

"You're unbelievable."

Daichi came to his rescue as he got in between him and Kuroo, which Hideaki was thankful for. Kuroo and Daichi had a mini stare down before Kuroo realizes something as he leaned closer to Daichi.

"Hey, come to think of it... Aren't you missing some people?" Kuroo questioned, noticing that Hinata nor Kageyama were around. Daichi and Hideaki shared a look.

"Actually..."

(Flashback)

The team was in the clubroom, showing their exam results. Hideaki got a 85-mark score, so he passed, as Nishinoya, Tanaka, Hinata, and Kageyama were showing them their exam results. Seiya stood by Tsukishima as both of them stared at the papers, Hideaki dead panned at the sheets, to see that Hinata had 21 points with Kageyama getting a 38.