⁽ ³² ⁾ "𝖯𝗅𝖺𝖼𝖾 𝖳𝗈 𝖯𝗅𝖺𝗒"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on september 29th, 2021 @ 4:47am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO - PLACE TO PLAY

TERUSHIMA'S TEAM DECIDED THAT THEY would be receiving as Karasuno was going to serve first. Hideaki could tell that everyone was nervous as it was the qualifiers. "Those are so awesome!" Hinata exclaimed, making everyone turn to him. "Your new glasses look so cool, Tsukishima!"

This made Hideaki blink as he looked towards Tsukishima and was a little surprised to see he was wearing professional glasses instead of his normal ones.

"You've been saying that nearly every day, Hinata." Yamaguchi mumbled, as Tsukishima gave the orange-haired male his usual annoyed look.

"Hinata, your standards of "cool" make me uneasy, so I'd like for you to stop saying that." Tsukishima informed, making Hinata irked.

"What was that?"

Hideaki chuckled as he walked on over. "Hinata isn't wrong, Tsukishima. You do look pretty badass." He complimented.

"Not you too, Izuki-san..." Tsukishima muttered as Hideaki snickered in amusement. Soon enough they had to go line up to face off against the opposing team.

TWEEEET!

Karasuno lined up by their number, staring at Johzenji High as the whistle blew.

TWEEEET!

"Let's have a good game!"

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

The sounds of Johzenji cheering could be heard as Hideaki focused onto Ukai who gathered the team around before the game officially started.

"We're finally at the qualifiers. And we're up against a semifinalist from the Inter-High preliminaries. I see good competition. For the first shot, give it you got Izuki!" Ukai spoke as the hawk-eyed male nodded.

Daichi gestured to have everyone get into a circle. "Karasuno fight!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah!" His team shouted back in unison.

"Hideaki, nice serve!"

The referee who blows the whistle making Hideaki do his jump serve, the ball reached the other players as it goes into the air. Hideaki saw Terushima race after the ball.

"Chance ball!" Kageyama shouted. Hideaki widened his eyes when he saw Terushima had jumped up and managed to spike the ball from all the way back of his side of the court, making Johzenji get a point while Karasuno was shocked at the sudden action.

The crowd cheered as Hideaki blinked. "A strong hit from the end line? On top of that, it was right after a quick spin." He mumbled as Tsukishima glanced at him.

"Normally, you'd return it with an underhand pass." Tsukishima added as Hideaki nodded in agreement before turning his attention back on the game.

Johzenji serves the ball as it comes over to Karasuno's side. "Got it!" Hideaki said as he receives the volleyball.

Tanaka ran forward. "Left!" He announced, making Kageyama toss the volleyball over to him.

Tanaka had jumped up and smacked down the ball as a guy from the opposing team managed to save it, but the ball hits the net, making Hideaki think Karasuno was going to get a point, but to his surprise the guy who tried to block him used his foot to save the volleyball from touching the ground and the ball goes into the air.