⁽ ⁵² ⁾ "𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖡𝖺𝗍𝗍𝗅𝖾 𝖮𝖿 𝖢𝗈𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗉𝗍𝗌"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to the last chapter of season three! This is where the joust with Hideaki and Ushijima happen! Enjoy!

edited on february 28th, 2022 @ 7:10am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO - THE BATTLE OF CONCEPTS

HINATA SLAMMED THE BALL PAST KAWANISHI, but Ushijima was there to catch the ball on time. "Shirabu!" He called out.

"Right!"

"A straight!" Tsukishima warned. "Ready, and..."

Tsukishima and Hideaki jumped up to block Ushijima as Hinata received the ball with his face, the impact knocking him back. Tanaka quickly dived down to save the ball before it hit the court.

"Kageyama, get the last!" Tanaka shouted to the first-year setter before turning over towards the orange-haired male. "Hinata, are you okay?"

"Yeah." Hinata reassured as Kageyama received the ball.

"It's in!"

Yamagata received the ball back in the air. "Got it!" Shirabu informed. "Ushijima-san!"

Shirabu tossed the ball into the air as Hideaki watched Ushijima run up. "Ushiwaka... if this was back in junior high, I would've lost to you. But I'm stronger now, and I have my whole team behind me. So I'm going to defeat you, because I made a promise!" Hideaki told himself.

Hideaki jumped up the same time as Ushijima, locking the two of them into a joust and shocking the audience, Iwaizumi and Oikawa, as well as both Karasuno and Shiratorizawa.

"A joust!"

"It's a battle between the two aces!"

"I made a promise to Tōru! And that was to defeat you and go to nationals!" Hideaki told Ushijima, pushing the volleyball onto Shiratorizawa's side. Yamagata quickly received the ball back over, in which Kageyama was able to save it.

Hinata had looked up and an image of Ushijima towering over him was seen as he slammed both Hinata and Tsukishima to the ground.

A hand reached out to Hinata and Tsukishima as Daichi rushed over to receive the ball as he slowly lifted Ushijima up.

"Hideaki, get the last!" He shouted out.

Hideaki jumped up as he was the next one to lift Ushijima. He spiked the ball, but ended up getting blocked. Tanaka was the next to appear as he quickly received the ball into the air.

"Chance ball!" Tanaka shouted as Kageyama got into setting position.

Daichi, Hideaki, and Tanaka were all lifting Ushijima off of Tsukishima and Hinata. "Their #10 is coming!" Kawanishi called out.

However, he looked over to see that Hinata wasn't moving at all. "Their #10 isn't running up?" Tendou thinks to himself.

"He's slowing down his tempo, from a minus tempo to a first tempo, and then..." Ukai Sr thought as Karasuno started to do their synchronized attack. "mixing in."

"Shit!" Tendou exclaimed.

Everyone had determined faces as they got ready to attack. Kageyama through the ball up as everyone jumped up. A flock of crows were flying towards a large eagle. Hinata slammed the ball as Yamagata dived down to receive it. He bounced off of his arms as he headed towards out of the court.

The ball had slammed onto the court as everyone was silent, too stunned to speak.

TWEEEEET!

Karasuno now had 21 points with Shiratorizawa at 19.