⁽ ⁰¹ ⁾ "𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖲𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗉𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗈𝗍𝖾𝗋"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to the first chapter! Also, just so you know, when I mention "Shun" it's not Shimizu Shun who's in my book "Falling for the Libero". It's Izuki Shun from KnB. Enjoy!

edited on october 27th, 2020 @ 4:57pm

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER ONE - THE SHARPSHOOTER

"You're quitting volleyball?"

Hideaki was walking with his two childhood best friends, Oikawa and Iwaizumi. Well, he was dating Oikawa so they walked hand in hand. "Yeah. Karasuno lost to Dateko because of me. I don't want to burden them." Hideaki replied.

"Karasuno will be without an ace then." Iwaizumi commented.

"I'm sure they'll find someone better then me. Furthermore, I'm surprised you two aren't trying to talk me out of quitting." Hideaki raised an eyebrow at them.

"It's your choice, Aki-chan." Oikawa stated as Iwaizumi nodded in agreement. "You just have to promise you'll come watch our matches next year, and cheer us on."

"Of course. But only if you're not going up against Karasuno. I can't do my former teammates dirty like that." Hideaki chuckled.

HIDEAKI WALKED INTO SEIRIN'S GYM. "Watch out!" He heard someone yell as a basketball came hurdling at him. He stopped it with one hand as it was spinning. Once it stopped, he dropped the basketball to the ground, seeing Seirin's basketball team looking at him.

"Oh, Nii-san. I didn't know you were visiting." Hideaki's younger brother, Shun, greeted.

"Nii-san?" His team exclaimed.

"Everyone, this is Izuki Hideaki. My older brother." Shun introduced his brother, walking up to him.

Riko used her Scan ability as she scanned him. "His numbers are higher than any basketball player I've seen!" She thinks to herself.

"Nice to finally meet you guys." Hideaki said.

"Excuse me, Izuki-senpai." Riko said, gaining Hideaki's attention. "This might be a dumb question, but do you play basketball?"

"No, actually. I was a volleyball player." Hideaki responded.

"Of course. That makes so much more sense." Riko thought. "Wait, was?"

"Was?" Kagami questioned.

"Yeah. I don't play anymore. However, my boyfriend and childhood friend still play, so I still go to their matches." Hideaki answered.

"Nii-san was the ace for his volleyball team. A pretty amazing one at that." Shun explained. "His eyes are like mine. Except better."

"You possess the Eagle Eye as well?" Hyuga asked.

Hideaki chuckled. "I don't. From what I remembered about your match against Shutoku, you went against someone named Takao, correct?" He asked.

"What about him?"

"I possess the same ability as him. The Hawk Eye." Hideaki responded, shocking the Seirin team. "From what you already know about the ability, it allows him to see the full court. It's the same for me. It allows me to see the opposing court clearly, making me be able to hit the ball on the other side of the net without the opposing team receiving it."

"However, like in basketball, it also has a weakness in volleyball. If someone knows about Nii-san's eyes, they can use it to their advantage and place blockers on him." Shun added, making Hideaki clenched his fist.