(𝗦𝟰) SIXTY-NINE | The Ultimate Challengers.

A/N: Hello, readers! Another chapter is here! Enjoy!

unedited

***

CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE - THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGERS

Inarizaki was currently in the lead with 14 points while Karasuno had 7. Atsumu was up to serve as he brought his hand down, causing Inarizaki's band to stop playing. The whistle blew and Atsumu did a jump floater.

"Nishinoya!" Daichi called out as Nishinoya tried to save it, but failed as the ball touched the court behind him.

"All right!" Atsumu cheered.

"I knew it..." Shimada muttered.

"Yeah... Miya Atsumu has been targeting Nishinoya ever since the second set. It looks like all the servers are deliberately trying to avoid Nishinoya. This is probably Nishinoya's first time... He's going through the humiliation of being targeted." Takinoue said.

TWEEEEET!

"Chikara. Could you tape me up? I suck at it." Nishinoya asked Ennoshita.

"Sure." Ennoshita replied.

"Did you sprain your finger? Are you okay?" Tanaka questioned.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Nishinoya answered.

"Inarizaki #7's serve is intense." Mika commented.

"Yeah. And he's going after the libero, who can only defend." Daisho agreed.

"Oh?" Mika turned to him.

"That libero's really good and full of energy. If they crush him, the team's in trouble." Daisho elaborated.

"Really?"

"'There's no way we can pick up balls that even our libero can't get...' That's probably what Miya Atsumu is thinking, so he's putting pressure on them that way."

TWEEEEET!

Nishinoya pounded his now taped fists together. "All right!" He cheered.

Nishinoya stops as he looks towards Atsumu, who stops as well and smirks at him. Atsumu was up to serve again.

"Four steps... So it's going to be a jump floater." Daichi thought as Nishinoya prepared himself. The whistle then blew.

Atsumu did his jump floater, aiming it straight at Nishinoya who tries to receive it but it ends up falling to the ground. Atsumu raised his fist in the air.

"Miya Atsumu... manages to get two service aces against their libero!"

"Nice serve, Atsumu! Nice serve, Atsumu! Push it, push it, Atsumu! One more time!"

Nishinoya closes his eyes as he exhales. "It totally looked like he got that." Lev commented, eating a banana.

"Its path seemed the change right by his hands." Shibayama said. "When you're digging the ball, the surface that the ball can hit is narrow. If the point where it hits is just a bit off, the ball goes a weird way."

"Yeah, totally!" Lev agreed.

"Nishinoya missing two serve receives in a row is just... I've never seen him do that." Shimada stated.

"Volleyball isn't a sport where you can finish things off on your own. If you can't get the first receive up, nothing's gonna start." Daisho said as him and Mika walked down the steps and they sat down. "That's why the emotional damage from missing a serve receive is huge. Not to mention, if the libero, who's in charge of defense, can't defend, there's no point in him being on the court."