⁽ ⁰⁹ ⁾ "𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖨𝗋𝗈𝗇 𝖶𝖺𝗅𝗅"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on november 20th, 2020 @ 11:55pm

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER NINE - THE IRON WALL

"GAUGING FROM THEIR FIRST MATCH, they'll start off with a powerful serve. The serve breaks for formation, then they block your return. Dateko's strategy is to attack those who can't keep up. So, for the first serve, make sure your receive is solid." Ukai informed as the team gathered around him.

"Yeah!"

Ukai smirked and looked over at Kageyama. "You know what to do. Right, Kageyama?" Ukai asked.

"Yes." Kageyama replied, nodding. Hideaki raised his eyebrow in curiosity.

"All right. Now, go tear down the iron wall!" Ukai announced with pride.

"Yeah!"

Daichi made the team huddle, as they put their heads together. "Karasuno. Fight!" Daichi yelled.

"Yeah!" The rest of the team shouted back.

They all get into positions, Tanaka was in the front with Kageyama, Hinata with Hideaki, and Nishinoya and Daichi in the back.

TWEEEET!

"Bring it on!" Nishinoya yelled.

"Let's do this!" Tanaka shouted.

Hideaki watched as the guy from Dateko serves. "Kamasaki, nice serve." A teammate of his shouts, as Kamasaki spikes the ball over the net. "Daichi." Nishinoya called out as the ball went over to their captain, who saves it.

"Nice receive." Kageyama praised as he gets under the ball to set, Kageyama jumps up as Hinata jumps up to spike. However, Hideaki widened his eyes when he saw that the team member with no eyebrows notices where Hinata was and went over to block.

Hinata gave the ball a soft hit, as the ball touches the ground on the other side of the court, Karasuno got a point, but just barely.

"He can do a block read... How troublesome." Hideaki thinks to himself.

Soon it was Kageyama's turn to serve, as he spun the ball. "Kageyama, nice serve." Daichi encouraged.

"Nice serve. Let's score." Hinata added. Seiya just stared ahead. Kageyama did a jump serve, however, the ball was going to Dateko's libero.

The libero saves it as Hideaki kept his eyes on the ball, the guy with no eyebrows spikes it down, however, Nishinoya was there to save the ball. "Ryu, sorry. Cover." Nishinoya spoke up as Tanaka nodded and got ready to cover for him.

"All right." Tanaka assured as he held his arms out.

"Back!" Hideaki announced his way, making him glance over and nod.

"Izuki-san!" Tanaka called out to him, sending the ball over. Hideaki jumps up and spikes down the ball, however, he got blocked, making Hideaki click his tongue at this. He thought back to their match against Dateko last year. He took a deep breath. That wasn't gonna happen again.

Dateko had gained a point when the ball dropped to Karasuno's side of the court. "Damn." Nishinoya growled.

"Don't worry about it. Don't worry! Switch it up." Hideaki heard Ukai yell from the benches.

Nishinoya bowed at Hideaki. "I'm sorry, Hide! I'll save the next one." He promised as Hideaki just smiled and pats Nishinoya on the shoulder.

"Yeah. I'm counting on you, but I'll score next time." Hideaki stated.